Designer dog Maso

lucille

Came across the name at a classified ad site, seems to be a very large dog, anyone know more, or why it was developed?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
After reading this site, I'm actually pretty impressed. This seems to be a breeder who is responsibly trying to create a new breed.

These dogs are being sold as PETS ONLY! All the masos sold are required to be spayed/neutered. The kennel website says they do not sell dogs for breeding because "This breed will take many years to complete, as we want it done right, and we are in no hurry." Also, the masos are sold for much cheaper than the true purebred mastiffs, and come with health guarantees.

If all this is true, than it does seem like the legitimate creation of a new, healthy breed, and not an attempt to cash in with the designer dog fad. I see nothing to argue with.

The only thing I don't like is she does give a shameless plug to designer dogs, and how they're healthier than purebreds. Perhaps careful breeders can make healthy dogs, but sadly, that statement doesn't apply to 95% of the breeders out there.

corsomom

I think this is the same breeder that bred a mastiff to a poodle last summer, kind of like a labrodoodle? what next?

lucille

corsomom said:
I think this is the same breeder that bred a mastiff to a poodle last summer, kind of like a labrodoodle? what next?

Where did you see that?

lucille

Can you check? I emailed the guy just on general interest and he did not seem to be one to do that.

corsomom

I tried checking and can not find anything, but I think it was on the iccf, Did he say he did not breed the mastiff and poodle? I am not possitive they are the one ,how many maso breeders are out there?The one I read about claimed they were only starting with one breeding to see if the dogs would be hypo-alg, like the labordoodle.

corsomom

look up big paws only and look under mastiff disscusions I found it there,it was themassivedogs breeders

Not really, especially when you think about the breeds that have had their temperaments and/or physical capabilities seriously impaired through bad breeding or even a shrinking gene pool.

And there's definitely a place for a massive, healthy, dependable family dog that will intelligently protect in today's world . . .

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ok, so the OEM is a big part of the crossing, what else are they using? I can't find anything about how they're creating this...though they are good looking dogs.

Dixie

The ***** idiot
all they mention is that they are crossbreeding Mastiffs with several other breeds to get this Maso (sounds alot like "Macho" to me). Im guess they are taking a great dane, mixing it with another large unidentified breed, then breeding with a mastiff to get this Maso.

Members online

No members online now.