Agility training

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
BLAH had one of the best runs ever, and Kimma got spooked by the judge walking behind her. Not really directly behind, but close enough where she noticed and blew by a jump because she turned to look. I saw other dogs get spooked by the path the judge took, as well. At first I thought I didn't cue her early enough, but my instructor was watching us and said it was because of the judge. Now we have one more thing to work on. I swear it's never ending with this fearful little girly.

At least we had a nice, clean JWW run, and Jari was able to go inside the building without being super freaked out and reactive. Silver lining and all of that...

But STILL. It would have been 15 MACH points, which is a big deal for us :p

krissy

BLAH had one of the best runs ever, and Kimma got spooked by the judge walking behind her. Not really directly behind, but close enough where she noticed and blew by a jump because she turned to look. I saw other dogs get spooked by the path the judge took, as well. At first I thought I didn't cue her early enough, but my instructor was watching us and said it was because of the judge. Now we have one more thing to work on. I swear it's never ending with this fearful little girly.

At least we had a nice, clean JWW run, and Jari was able to go inside the building without being super freaked out and reactive. Silver lining and all of that...

But STILL. It would have been 15 MACH points, which is a big deal for us :p
That sucks. We don't have spooking issues, but I bet Kili would do the same thing in order to do a "oooo! Friend?" lol. Then probably blow me off to go say hello. At least now you know to work on it. Too bad it was on such a nice run though!

So much this weekend! The rest of that seminar was really great. I was pretty happy with Kili. She was still a little squirrely about being stacked and having people assess her (we were looking at our dogs for structure), but she was reasonably focused considering how many people and dogs there were. She tugged like a little pro. And for the most part she was really good in her crate.

Then she had a really nice class today. I am LOVING serpentine cues. So useful and Kili is really good with them. I learned a lot from the seminar about her structure and therefore what is difficult for her. So I know that no matter what tight turns are always going to plague us. We're going to lose speed on turns for sure, which we will try to make up on straight sections.

[YOUTUBE]gKWXCGsncVg[/YOUTUBE]

k9krazee

Another good day of agility! Crossbone Q'd 5/5. We have some issues to work out...like not going around tunnels!!!!, weave pole entrances and going faaaaaster...but overall I'm really proud!!

And! I have a video of our standard run! I'll post it later!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Another good day of agility! Crossbone Q'd 5/5. We have some issues to work out...like not going around tunnels!!!!, weave pole entrances and going faaaaaster...but overall I'm really proud!!

And! I have a video of our standard run! I'll post it later!
Way to go!! Crossbone is so awesome, can't wait to see vid! :)

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Hooray Crossbone! You guys look awesome :D

That sucks. We don't have spooking issues, but I bet Kili would do the same thing in order to do a "oooo! Friend?" lol. Then probably blow me off to go say hello. At least now you know to work on it. Too bad it was on such a nice run though!
Yeah, we've never had spooking issues with people until today LOL. But we have had anxiety issues anyway so maybe it's just manifesting itself differently. Or maybe today was a fluke. I'm hoping for the latter :p

But oh yeah, Jari would have been like "YAY FRIEND FOR MEEEEE!" and ran to the judge probably LOL. Which is why he's not going to be trialing for a very long time :p

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
But oh yeah, Jari would have been like "YAY FRIEND FOR MEEEEE!" and ran to the judge probably LOL. Which is why he's not going to be trialing for a very long time :p
My dog ended up in the ring crew's lap this weekend. lol

I figure there's worse things to be than overly friendly.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Here is tiny old dog tunnelers. :p I wish I would have picked a better run to video but oh well. I'm hoping I get the video of the touch n go runs from my trainer. They were much better.

[youtube]uQu348EAbWM[/Youtube]

It's slow but not as slow as I remember. When she's really running her tail is down. She's one happy old girly though. <3

Obnoxious background dog is Mia. lol Don't know why the video is tiny.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Yay you girls :) I want to play tunnellers so badly.. doesn't exist where I am!

Penn and Briar start 2014 trial season Friday evening. Briar I'm not concerned about.. he's my good dog LOL. I do fear, however, red dog will be another story entirely. Steeplechase and two standard runs for her first trial! I'd have preferred gamblers and jumpers but this is a weirdo trial so they weren't options :(

krissy

That looks like fun! I've never seen tunnelers around here either. It's probably not something I would enter though, as fun as it looks. Kili would probably be too fast for me on a course that is almost all pure straight aways like that. I'd be dead by the end of the run!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I adore that NADAC offers courses without jumps/contacts. I will one day run Frodo in tunnelers or hoopers if it kills me. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I adore that NADAC offers courses without jumps/contacts. I will one day run Frodo in tunnelers or hoopers if it kills me. :p
I can't believe AKC hasn't picked up on a tunnelers games class. More classes = more money... so WHAT'S THE DEAL AKC??? God I would run the $()@ out of a tunnelers class with Auggie.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I can't believe AKC hasn't picked up on a tunnelers games class. More classes = more money... so WHAT'S THE DEAL AKC??? God I would run the $()@ out of a tunnelers class with Auggie.
Entries are already so high in many areas that they are decreasing the minimum distance between trial sites on a given weekend. Around here, and in many areas, the current games classes are fairly often not offered because just Stnd/JWW fills on opening day, or shortly thereafter. Very very few trials offer both FAST and T2B on a given day already, around here.

More classes <> more money. More entries = more money :p

Members online

No members online now.