Westminster

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Watched the Toy group this morning, and part of the Non-Sporting (why are all the poodles BLACK!!). I was kinda sad to see all the fat dogs, and the only dog that can hardly walk wins the Toy group. :(

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I was sad to see that almost all of the toy dogs were so strung up some of their front feet were only skimming the floor.

Like the Brussels, pap, silky and the crested.

Snark

Mutts to you
Yeah, that was my first thought... Even Sis (a cat person) thought most of them were overweight...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
This is the first time in a long time I was actually cheering for the sheltie. Not a bad sheltie at all, best one I've seen on a TV show ring in a good while! Looked appropriately bitchy too. But she only took fourth. =<

I kept trying to watch the breed judging online but it wasn't up last night. I will have to try later today and see if they posted it.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Honestly I was just cringing when I saw the group winners last night. I have somehow become the go-to person for dog show questions for my family since I'm the only one in the dog show world, and the dogs of choice were some of the most likely (historically) to generate "is that a dog?" questions...

Wirehaired Dachshund. Okay...dwarfy with back issues but not likely to generate questions. Peke? Nuff said. Show GSD? Nuff said. Dalmatian? Not likely to generate questions since their issues are not visible, but Group 2 was the show Shar Pei...

They probably won't discover the Rough Collie's sire is an intntionally bred deaf/blind double merle used extensively at stud to produce all-merle litters.

It's going to be a long next family gathering. Here's hoping tonight goes well.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Show poodles are usually black (occasionally white) because its hard to screw up black or white. The other colors are more likely to have faults simply by virtue of being more complex. Or so I have been told.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I actually thought the pei was pretty moderate for a pei.

I recognized the collie too. I will bite my tongue on that one.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Show poodles are usually black (occasionally white) because its hard to screw up black or white. The other colors are more likely to have faults simply by virtue of being more complex. Or so I have been told.
And a lot of judges towards poodles are "colorists" and will not put up dogs of colors other than black and white.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
This is the first time in a long time I was actually cheering for the sheltie. Not a bad sheltie at all, best one I've seen on a TV show ring in a good while! Looked appropriately bitchy too. But she only took fourth. =<

I kept trying to watch the breed judging online but it wasn't up last night. I will have to try later today and see if they posted it.
I've seen Ava in person, she's drop dead gorgeous!

Members online

No members online now.