Smkie's Sculpture for Grammy

bubbatd

Really , the picture doesn't do it justice !!!! It's beautiful !!! It was for SIL who lost his Brisben ( picture in Rainbow Bridge ) She got every detail and John was almost in tears !!!! It was the best gift I gave this Christmas !!

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
photos never do make them look right, even when i had the super professional that took my chazhound picture for me. Sorry that's the best i got. Thanks Grammy:)

bubbatd

Amy saaid she'd get a picture when she can and post . Her computer at home sucks and she's blocked at work !

GipsyQueen

They're beautiful, smkie! I wish I could sculpture half as well as you! They really are beautiful!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Smkie's right, as cool as that picture looks, it's nothing to seeing it in real life! I just held it when she showed it to me and was literally at a loss for words...a VERY rare occurance for me! All I could say was "wow..." over and over...it's one of those "POP" sculptures, the type that just grabs your attention and makes you swear that it's a real thing with bronze poured over it.

bubbatd

Agree Zoom !!! We couldn't take our eyes off of it !!! The bronzing is beautiful !

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
That is gorgeous. There's so much life in that sculpture; you can really see the spirit of the dog in it. Wonderful!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
can someone cut and paste the pic from Brisbin's rainbow thread. I think you need to see the photo i went off of. i just want you to see it as i did. thanks for the kind words.I put it in my gallery but i cant copy and paste:(

Last edited:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
ok so how much?! are for commissions?! *is envious and drooling!*

that is GORGEOUS!

(and yes im serious! i would love one of ruby and one of the 2 chis together once i have some cash!)

bubbatd

Believe me it's worth much more than she charges !!!! Smkie is sooooo talented !!!! We were blessed to see her working with clay here during our last Mod meet......fantastic !!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
right now i am working on two dogs...when i am finished i will see how i feel. I take it one day at a time right now;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Grammy these are way harder for me then your realize that is why i try so hard to duck em when they come my way.:D THe artist that wants this one is way good and the pressure is on. She saw yours and that is what got me into all this trouble, it is all your fault! I am just grateful if they turn out at all let alone expect them to be what i want. I will show you but today it is like wrestling alligators. I can do make up dogs easily but to make it not only look like a specific dog one but to have expression too and to start with a ball of mud is insane. Plus this one has distict markings that i have to not see...black muzzle, black rimmed eyes. arrrgh Gargolyes are way more fun.;) Tired of fish tho.

The artist saw yours and said YOUR TAKING ORDERS? and i wasn't thinking..i said i should i am broke...she said I WILL MAIL YOU THE PHOTOS AS SOON AS I GET HOME And she did. Took me three hours to wrestle clay into her dog's head shape and now i think i started too big but i am going to finish it out. WE never discussed price or size. should have but that window is past.

doing Victor is easy, i know him 3-d. i can say come over here i need to see something. Going from a photograph is twisted. There is no way i would do this for a living.

Members online

No members online now.