The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We're about to hire two more sales people.
Nobody in this building has gotten a raise in at least four years... some in far longer... because there is apparently "no money" to increase salaries.
Something isn't adding up here.

I really hope my interview tonight works out.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Tony's mom seriously doesn't like me anymore. I want to move out so badly but I'm too broke right now.

RD

Are you dead yet?
PS - Dana I'm in Geneva, and I would love a chaz meet up. I need dog friends but there are not many training groups close to me. Nikki (Aleron) has mentioned a few places a short drive from me, I just have to get the boyfriend on board to take me out there.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I have piles and piles of laundry to do and lots of general cleaning too AND i really need to groom the pug top to bottom. Pug hasn't had nail polish on for 2 weeks and folks are getting mighty critical about it lol.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Adrianne, because I've been getting nothing but cold indifference for the past few weeks and it's not letting up. I don't know what I did. A week ago I get a message saying she wants to know when the two of us are off work because we are having a "family meeting". That made me so uncomfortable that we have to have a mysterious meeting that we don't talk about a week in advance, so I have an anxiety attack over it and Tony gets really upset over it and yells at her. =/ She takes me to work that night without saying a word, and it's been awkward ever since.

She's fine with Tony, it's not him she's avoiding, it's me. It makes it so uncomfortable for me when I'm here. I want to leave, I feel like I'm the guest in this house that's overstayed their welcome.

ETA: I'm cleaning the house today on my day off and I'm pissed off that all I get to do on my day off is clean the house.

ETAx2: My lip piercing is healing way slower than anticipated because my body is shitty, so I can't put a smaller piece of jewelry in for another couple weeks. Very minor, but quite annoying.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Adrianne, because I've been getting nothing but cold indifference for the past few weeks and it's not letting up. I don't know what I did. A week ago I get a message saying she wants to know when the two of us are off work because we are having a "family meeting". That made me so uncomfortable that we have to have a mysterious meeting that we don't talk about a week in advance, so I have an anxiety attack over it and Tony gets really upset over it and yells at her. =/ She takes me to work that night without saying a word, and it's been awkward ever since.

She's fine with Tony, it's not him she's avoiding, it's me. It makes it so uncomfortable for me when I'm here. I want to leave, I feel like I'm the guest in this house that's overstayed their welcome.

ETA: I'm cleaning the house today on my day off and I'm pissed off that all I get to do on my day off is clean the house.

ETAx2: My lip piercing is healing way slower than anticipated because my body is shitty, so I can't put a smaller piece of jewelry in for another couple weeks. Very minor, but quite annoying.
It's so hard living with a SO's family, I learned that first hand. Hopefully you guys can move out soon and everything will resolve itself :(

Other than that the only recommendation that I have is that you and your boyfriend move to Minnesota :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Well, tony of course thinks there is no problem at all because he and his mom are fine, so he doesn't want to move.

I would very much like to live in Minnesota or even somewhere in Ohio that has more than just K-mart and Walmart to work at...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well, tony of course thinks there is no problem at all because he and his mom are fine, so he doesn't want to move.

I would very much like to live in Minnesota or even somewhere in Ohio that has more than just K-mart and Walmart to work at...
Well tell him that sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the people that you love!!

Minnesota is awesome. All the best dog peoples live here, and half of them work at Chuck and Don's, lol. Which may not be super amazing, but it's probably more up your alley than Wal-Mart/Kmart.

You guys should come up and hang out so we can convince him :)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Chuck and Don's would be AMAZING, honestly. lol. I'm so depressed working at walmart.

I would love to come hang out! Let's plan for that sometime. I'm going to start requesting more time off of work. It sucks, because I absolutely MUST work full-time if I'm going to keep my night shift. They don't allow part time overnight workers, so it's 5 days a week for me. :( I wish I could do my 40 hours in 4 days instead.

FG167

I've been unemployed for 1.5 weeks in a new state with no family, no friends and no transportation. I think I'm sinking into depression :( I'm a workaholic, this is torture to me.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Chuck and Don's would be AMAZING, honestly. lol. I'm so depressed working at walmart.

I would love to come hang out! Let's plan for that sometime. I'm going to start requesting more time off of work. It sucks, because I absolutely MUST work full-time if I'm going to keep my night shift. They don't allow part time overnight workers, so it's 5 days a week for me. :( I wish I could do my 40 hours in 4 days instead.
We should absolutely plan for this!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Why is it that when I walk away from my phone for 2 minutes is ALWAYS when I get phone calls from potential employers?? And now I've tried calling back but had to leave a message on an answering machine. And I hope they call back before I go to work. :( Otherwise I work all freaking day tomorrow and in the voicemail they left they want to do interviews on Friday - a day in which I also work all day, but I will gladly call in sick.

So frustrating lol this always happens to me. But I just really really want out of my current job so I don't want to miss the opportunity.

Toller_08

I don't generally have much to vent about, and this maybe isn't even a vent, but it has been on my mind all day and I can't get it off: I almost got hit, and probably killed, by a car this morning. I don't even know how I didn't. Just sheer luck that I happened to look up at just the right time to be able to stop when I could see the driver wasn't going to. I looked both ways before crossing the street, as I always do every morning on my way to work. The green car on my left stopped, and there was absolutely nobody coming from my right. Nobody. There was not a car to be seen. I hit the pedestrian crossing light, looked both ways again, and began walking. As I was in the middle of the road, I realized that there was a car nearby that sounded a lot louder and a lot faster than it should. I looked to my right, toward the sound, just in time to see a car flying down the road coming right my way with no intention of slowing or stopping. If I'd looked up even a millisecond later, there is no way he would not have hit me. And with the speed at which he was going, I either would have been totally mangled or dead. I was thisclose to him as he blew past me and at first I was more angry than scared and so I yelled at the guy and threw my arms in the air in a "WTF are you doing?!" way. He didn't stop or slow to apologize or anything. Just kept going, completely oblivious to his surroundings. When I finished crossing the road I turned around and the lady in the green car was still sitting there staring at me with this horrified/shocked but relieved look on her face. I just started shaking and was so glad that I was ok and everything worked out in my favour. I was and still am so mad at that driver, though. Obviously he didn't set out this morning to purposely almost run somebody over, but still. Pay attention!!

I know it doesn't sound like much when written out and it's one of those "you had to have been there" stories, but it's put me in a horrible, funny feeling all day. I'm glad nothing actually happened and all is well, but it was very scary and kind of hard to shake as soon as I start thinking about it again.

Red.Apricot

I love my job, and I'm only working there through Friday.

This morning I woke up with the stomach flu.

After joking about the stomach flu yesterday.

How is that fair? I missed out on one of my last days and a whole day's pay to spend the day in bed, miserable, while my boyfriend hovered and brought me spoonfuls of 7up.

:[

I did keep down some soup this evening.

Hillside

Original Twin
With the exception of pretty much just our one super part time employee (Hi NRA!) , most of my staff is so fscking lazy and useless. I can't fire anybody because I'm a lowly department manager and my boss is too much of a softie to actually play hardball. I am barely able to get my specific stuff done because I have to pick up their slack.

Members online

No members online now.