Vibes for Ruby

milos_mommy

Ruby is my best friend's family's 8 year old pittie girl.

I love her, just about as much as I love my own dogs.

She's had a rough summer, got attacked (mildly) by another pit while on a walk, had some IBS problems, and tonight she wouldn't get up.

She had ACL or knee surgery about two years ago and they think it's that leg acting up again. I really really really hope she's going to be okay.

She's got a great story, when her boy, now 17, was a little kid, he had cancer. He really wanted a dog but couldn't while in chemo, his parents promised if he beat the cancer he could get a puppy.

Well, a few months after the dr. said it was okay to get a dog, at a fundraiser for the hospital, the animal shelter had a raffle of puppy supplies and a free adoption. Andrew started telling everyone about how he beat cancer so he could have a dog and all the people there bought tickets and put his info on it. He won, and waddled to his parents carrying a basket of puppy stuff bigger than him, shouting about it.

The town shelter didn't have any puppies at the time and they wanted a puppy, so they waited a few more months for the call that a litter of pittie pups was dropped off. My friend, his older sister, wanted to name her Stitch, but Andrew said they had to name her after a precious gem because she was so precious.

She's still very much Andrew's dog, but the whole family loves her to death. She's kind of nutso and in-your-face and a major jumper/licker/bash-you-with-toys kind of dog, and she gives great hugs.

Here's a picture, too.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
awww -vibes for ruby! hope she's just feeling a little owwie in her bad knee and it's nothing major. what a great story...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Vibes for Ruby. Hopefully it's just a strain. She does have the best story. I am happy he had such support for his dream.

milos_mommy

She's on an anti-inflammatory. If she's still limping in a week, they'll do an x-ray....

Members online

No members online now.