Daddy the pitbull passes the torch

Amstaffer

What does this have to do with DA....really? This has a lot more to do with some ignorant and/or irresponsible owner refusing to properly contain/restrain his dog.

And since when should DA result in a human getting attacked? Sure, many uneducated and panicked people get their thumbs/fingers/hands bitten when they try to break up a dog fight, but no DA dog with a stable temperament is going to turn and completely redirect onto a human. So let's please don't even offer that "what if" into the equation....
I swear you only read the meaning in what I write that you what to hear or expect to hear.

What does it have to do with DA? Well if Sal had been on that porch he wouldn't have run down there and if he had he wouldn't have attacked the dog. Granted I wouldn't put him in that situation for his own safety but if he was in that situation he wouldn't be driven by DA to confront that other dog.

I also did say in that post (apparently you fast forwarded past) "Now you and I know that it was the fault of the idiot human"

For BSLs to happen, the attack doesn't have to be against humans....that was my point. If people view PBs as killers they will vote for BSLs.

What is your definition of "Real" dog? (nothing implied or inferred here...honest question)

You say dogs fight thats just reality...wow that surprised me from someone with a bully breed. You and I both know that bully breeds take fights much more seriously than most other breeds. Yeah they fight but nothing we do from breeding, socialization to training should facilitate that IMHO.

elegy

overdogged
For BSLs to happen, the attack doesn't have to be against humans....that was my point. If people view PBs as killers they will vote for BSLs.
and it's STILL and ALWAYS an owner problem. and BSL will still be ineffective. but sure, i agree. DA is sometimes used as an excuse to start campaigning for BSL. but then again, a pit bull running up and jumping on somebody or barking excitedly can be used to start BSL as well.

people are afraid of pit bulls because it's fashionable.

You say dogs fight thats just reality...wow that surprised me from someone with a bully breed. You and I both know that bully breeds take fights much more seriously than most other breeds. Yeah they fight but nothing we do from breeding, socialization to training should facilitate that IMHO.
many dogs of many breeds will fight. it's normal dog behavior. much of it is ritualized, but not all. i believe it's taken up a notch by pit bulls, both in seriousness and willingness. i think their switch is just easier to flip. but so what? if you don't like it, DON'T OWN ONE.

this morning at the training club i saw four different breeds of dog show significant dog-aggression or dog-reactivity. one of them is a dog working in utility level obedience. not a single one was a bully breed. go figure.

Members online