Well we had our first fight

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I could kind of feel it coming on for a while and today it blew up over a bully stick. *Sigh*

Both of them are fine but boy they sounded nasty. They're separated now and on opposite sides of the room from each other.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
that's too bad--but I suppose it was bound to happen at some point? Hopefully it will be an isolated incident--guess it's time to keep the bully sticks for separate times!

Lolas Dad

Two girls fighting over a male....well I am not going to finish it :rofl1:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Kiba and Stryder fight if they find a possibly food source that one growls over (bathroom trash.. bagged trash waiting to be taken outside, forgotten treat, etc)

Stryder has once gone after Tsuki (same thing above). Luckily both poodles are submissive to the schnauzers, especially to Kiba who likes to correct them quite frequently.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Those first couple fights are scary - even if no one his physically hurt. It's emotionally draining on us humans!

Bones used to be something worth fighting over in our dog pack, but with some work, a dog who will call off when told, and a neuter, things are better and we haven't had a fight in a while *knock on wood* But I still don't let anything of high value stay on the ground.

Hopefully they will forgive and forget!

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
We've had one fight. Was all noise no contact. There were raw bones in the yard. Both dogs had been in and out multiple times and seemingly had their fill. Left them out together after having supervised closely for a long time, and Smudge went after Cider over one. Wasn't what I consider a real fight though as they broke it off with yelling.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
even with raw bones, Lynn will eat all the meat off of hers so she wants Ruckus's. She will come up to him, and Ruckus will give her his bone. And she will chew on it for a while and give it back. and then they do it again! its soooo sweet and cute.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah Mia is a real little bitch lol. She is so tiny but man she is a lot of strong personality and feistiness wrapped in a tiny package lol. She is turning out to be a little bit of a resource guarder and thinks everything is hers. Summer is a much more laid back personality so she usually just gives whatever to Mia and its over. But apparently this was a good bully stick.

They're curled up next to each other now, of course.

Amazing how that works, isn't it? Tallulah started ONE altercation with Kharma. She quickly realized that her entire head fits quite easily into Kharma's mouth . . . She may be game, but she's not stupid :rofl1:

She tried it with Bimmer once. He put her over on her back, held her down and let her know it didn't matter how hard she tried, HE is the boss. It didn't hurt that she could see Kharma standing behind him, waiting . . .

Glad it was a relatively easy altercation, Laur. It does give you the shakes, doesn't it?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Amazing how that works, isn't it? Tallulah started ONE altercation with Kharma. She quickly realized that her entire head fits quite easily into Kharma's mouth . . . She may be game, but she's not stupid :rofl1:

She tried it with Bimmer once. He put her over on her back, held her down and let her know it didn't matter how hard she tried, HE is the boss. It didn't hurt that she could see Kharma standing behind him, waiting . . .

Glad it was a relatively easy altercation, Laur. It does give you the shakes, doesn't it?
Yeah it wasn't too bad and I was sort of expecting it, but it's never pleasant. I have a strong feeling though that Summer isn't going to hold her own. I hate using the dominance word but we'll just say Mia is a much more in your face, stronger personality.

They were a bit growly with each other all night, but now in the morning, they're getting along again.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Beezer and belle have had a few fights... there was blood once. Beezer got a cut inside his ear... he bled like a stuck pig but once we cleaned up the blood it was barely a knick. but most of the time it's just a whole bunch of nasty noises and Belle always starts it. she just gets to her whits end with him sometimes and he never fights back with her so it's mostly a matter of getting belle off of him and getting him out of her sight for a while until she calms down. then soon after that she's back to normal and goes and gives him snuffles but he lays low for a while and doesn't pester her.

we haven't had one for quite a while though *knock on wood*

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
My guys just roar... LOUDLY. Never any blood.

Though Stryder as I pup at some point (I think maybe in play) he got his head toothed and has a little bare spot to prove it. LOL.

ACooper

Yikes, glad it wasn't too severe. I know that has to be scary, I don't care if it's two big dogs or two little ones.......it's never a good thing!

I am fortunate that Orson bows to Phoebe's wishes in this house. They never have issues over ANY food or toys, but sometimes Phoebe gets bitchy about Orson bugging her to play........a growl or snark and that's the end of it.

Members online

No members online now.