Puppy Peeing all the time

stephy38

My 11month old puppy had a discharge. The vet put her on anti-biotics. She still had a discharge after completing the fiirst cycle. So they put her on a stronger anti-biotic. ( Trimethroprim Sulfa ) Completing the 10 day cycle.Then another vet said she didn't need it , it was usual puppy stuff. The discharge cleared up but now in the last 2 days she is peeing constantly and drinking alot of water. Please help. She is peeing all over the house.

MicksMom

I'm a little confused (nothing new there! LOL) You said your pup still had a discharge after completing her heat cycle- was the discharge actually the normal bleeding from her heat? If that were the case, I don't understand why she was put on anti-biotics. Butu on to your current problem- a couple of things come to mind that could cause the excessive thrist and peeing. First is a urinary tract infection. It could also be diabetes, or something with her kidneys. My money is on the UTI, tho. The only way to know for sure is to take her back to the vet.

lizzybeth727

I agree, it sounds like a UTI, which can be extremely painful and needs vet attention.... it could also be several things which are all much worse.

Also, since she's been on antibiotics so long (and if it's a UTI she'll need to be on more antibiotics), I'd suggest feeding her one or two tablespoons of plain yogurt every day. The antibiotics kill the bad bacteria in her body, but they also kill the good bacteria - which is necessary for digestion and overall health of her body - which are in her intestines. Yogurt contains good bacteria, so it can be used to help her build back up the balance that she needs while the antibiotics do there job elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.