Question About Kongs

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I got Rocky a Kong yesterday.

He loves it when there's peanut butter inside or some other goodies.

Is that how a Kong is supposed to be? Should he enjoy it without anything or is it that it's normal to have some sort of filling inside for him to enjoy?

Just wondering. :)

Saje

Island dweller
They love it best when there is stuff in there. That's sort of the point. I'm glad you got him one. It will help with the teething and amuse him.

My dogs like to carry them around too. Maverick likes to carry anything! Especially socks. I don't like the kongs go outside though because they come back all dirty and yuck

These 2 love their kongs. Bailey likes to hide them in his room so I keep having to ask for Blues. Fill it with whatever and treats and freeze it, it really helps with their teething. They are great chew toys, one of the very few toys that Bailey cant chew to peices. They even have an outdoor only kong.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Having peanut butter in them is the best thing they enjoy, but if it's empty and they are on a hard surface, they will play with it a bit. It's just nice having a toy that keeps them occupied for awhile.

I've got Kongs and Kong Balls for Hunter. He can't get the hang of getting a biscuit out of them like Chip (Mom's dog) can! But his mouth is almost deformed from him constantly carrying around his Kong BALLS. It's hilarious! He's ALWAYS got to have his BALLY in his mouth! :rolleyes:

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Kongs are the best! My dogs only get them when they are full of stuff, because, Shelby won't play with them otherwise, and, Beethoven has had some resource guarding issues, and I'm worried he'd get possessive over them, and hurt my cats if they were left out (I'm doing NILIF with him for that reason). I hold the Kongs for them, or, if they are full of kibble (which is tons of fun), I take them into a room away from cats, and put them on the floor. It's hysterical to watch. I think I enjoy them as much as the dogs do LOL.

So far, I've only stuffed them with peanut butter, and kibble. What else makes good Kong stuffing?

Members online