KibbleWizard - NEED HELP!

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Okay, this may be crazy and nerdy and ridiculous... but I have made it my new project to make an online database of kibble photos. I'll have photos of each brand and variety of kibble to show size, shape and color.

http://kibblewizard.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I'm a nerd. But hey, I love the different ways kibble looks. I almost wanted to be a pharmacist because I thought all the different medications were pretty. ;)

Anyway, here's my thought - I need a tiny amount of kibble, of each brand/variety, as many different kinds that I can get my hands on. I want to standardize the photography so there's no question of relative size or color. If you have SAMPLES, or can even throw a handful of kibble in a padded envelope and send it to me, please PM me and I'll send you my address.

Okay, you may now all tell me I'm a colossal nerd. ;)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
OH. Do you want *dog* kibble only? I have like 5 kinds of cat kibble too LOL You actually didn't specify :p

ETA: Or I can actually click and read the link :rofl1:

Saeleofu

I have TOTW wetlands I can send, sample packs of Victor Grain-Free Joint Formula, and then whatever I end up ordering for Gavroche. Let me know if you need either/both. I can also go to the feed store and get some sample packs if you need some of the less common foods. They have samples of pretty much everything. Actually I could email them and ask if they're willing to contribute a sample bag of each one they carry samples of...

Saeleofu

I can also get samples of Purina EN and DH and Hills I/D, T/D and probably W/D for dogs, and C/D, W/D, and T/D for cats (and possibly Purina DH), if you want them.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
A family friend was very nice, and she got a toy and a bag of of *gag* Beneful for Fable, so if you're interested in crap foods (Why not? It's kibble, lol), I'm getting a camera in a few days, so I can take a picture of that.

I don't think you're a nerd, though once I took a picture of me abusing Millie with kibble on her nose, and you picked out one kernel of it and said, "Is that Innova?" :rofl1:

ETA: Though most of you will shame me for it, my transportation is VERY unreliable, so I am going to keep most of the Beneful as back-up just in case my planning is off and I run out of food before I can get to the store, but I'm MORE than happy to send you a sample. It's not a food I care about except for "I'm stranded" emergencies. ;)

Last edited:

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I can do some Fromm and TOTW, not sure what brands but I can let you know. Ummm can do Diamond Naturals Lambs and Rice. Oh, and Horizon Legacy.

I'm super glad you're doing this. My coworkers think I'm a FREAK because I usually ID kibble on sight without a label. :rofl1:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I have several bags of mystery kibble at my work.... lmao I'll send you some so you can tell ME what it is. :p

Seriously though if I can get to the post office I'll send you a handful of Solid Gold Sun Dancer. (I tend to suck at mailing things quickly)

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I have CN Chicken and Rice (something like that), Canidae Beef and Ocean Fish ALS, NB Small Breed Bites Sweet Potato & Chicken, NB Reduced Calorie, NB Trout, Salmon Meal, & Whitefish (grain free, and NV Prairie Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Medley.

Yes, I raid the free samples from the pet store we frequent. lol

Hillside

Original Twin
I can for sure get you some NV and Natural Balance and we have bags of food break at work all the time, so I will start gathering samples.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I can get Healthwise chicken and oatmeal from work and I have TOTW Pacific Stream and High Prairie at home.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I can grab sample bags of some of the food we sell at my work for you. also, I feed Bamm Kirkland and Cricket Fromm so I can send you samples of those.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have TOTW wetlands I can send, sample packs of Victor Grain-Free Joint Formula, and then whatever I end up ordering for Gavroche. Let me know if you need either/both. I can also go to the feed store and get some sample packs if you need some of the less common foods. They have samples of pretty much everything. Actually I could email them and ask if they're willing to contribute a sample bag of each one they carry samples of.

I can also get samples of Purina EN and DH and Hills I/D, T/D and probably W/D for dogs, and C/D, W/D, and T/D for cats (and possibly Purina DH), if you want them.
Ooooh YES! You still have my address, right?

I can do some Fromm and TOTW, not sure what brands but I can let you know. Ummm can do Diamond Naturals Lambs and Rice. Oh, and Horizon Legacy.

I'm super glad you're doing this. My coworkers think I'm a FREAK because I usually ID kibble on sight without a label. :rofl1:
Yes please! TOTW (other than Wetlands) is still needed!

I have several bags of mystery kibble at my work.... lmao I'll send you some so you can tell ME what it is. :p

Seriously though if I can get to the post office I'll send you a handful of Solid Gold Sun Dancer. (I tend to suck at mailing things quickly)
SunDancer is actually one I already have. :)

I have CN Chicken and Rice (something like that), Canidae Beef and Ocean Fish ALS, NB Small Breed Bites Sweet Potato & Chicken, NB Reduced Calorie, NB Trout, Salmon Meal, & Whitefish (grain free, and NV Prairie Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Medley.

Yes, I raid the free samples from the pet store we frequent. lol
Yes please! Shoot me a PM or message me on FB and I'll send you my address.

I can for sure get you some NV and Natural Balance and we have bags of food break at work all the time, so I will start gathering samples.
Excellent! You can be my go-to person for NV and random other foods at the store. ;)

I can get Healthwise chicken and oatmeal from work and I have TOTW Pacific Stream and High Prairie at home.
Woohoo! I never see healthwise around here, so please send some of that! drop me a PM or message me on FB for address. :)

I can grab sample bags of some of the food we sell at my work for you. also, I feed Bamm Kirkland and Cricket Fromm so I can send you samples of those.
Yes, thank you! If the Kirkland isn't the lamb formula, yes please send - I have a lamb sample already.

You guys are the best!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
The kirkland is the chicken and rice formula :)

Also... I have some honest kitchen as well though that's not exactly kibble, but let me know if you want some.

Pm me your address when you get a chance

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
We feed the Nature's Domain fish formula here and I have samples from the buying club I use - if you get me a list of high priority kibbles I can ask her if she has some to donate as well. She does stock a LOT of the high end stuff.

Current varieties I have here:
- Nature's Domain fish
- Cal Nat Grain free Lamb
- Cal Nat Puppy Lamb
- Cal Nat Puppy Chicken
- Cal Nat Lamb Large Bites
- Innova Adult Red Meat Small Bites
- Innova Adult Red Meat Large Bites
- Innova Puppy
- Canidae Grain Free Pure Sea
- Canidae Grain Free Pure Land
- Canidae Grain Free Pure Elements
- Precise Endurance formula

To keep shipping as low as possible I'll prob rebag them; how big of a sample do you need?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Uh, I could prob send you like...everything with time lol. I can take some out of every return we get.

Members online