Bless that Cat's good heart

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my grandson Aiden was here last night. He is about a year and a half, and he is sick and cranky. HE for the first time got a bit rough with Sancho. THat cat stood up almost as tall as Aiden and smacked his head a good one, without one toenail in it. Aiden stood their and rubbed his noggin with a look of disbelief, started to walk away, and turned around and petted nicely the cat. I checked closely and there was no scratch, not even a reddened spot. His nails are sharp, I do not cut them. We live near the woods and if he ever did get out he would need them. THat is the way the rest of the evening went, brothers at heart, playing and keeping each other company. I never met a nanny cat before, and this hulking hunk of a male cat to boot.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Cats can have an amazing sense of restraint when they want. Even Tiger, the meanest mama barn cat I ever ran into, kept her claws in when she thwaped me a good one over the head one year because I kept trying to scoot closer to her.

Sancho is an awesome cat, for sure!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I was raised by a Siamese that used all her claws, like a weed eating machine and went for the eyes, got me inside the nose (I was 4) and once was under the covers when I ran and slid in quickly. I had scratches half the length of my body. My Daddy was going to take that cat to the woods with a hammer and I went running after him bawling so he didn't. If company came and she sat on their lap they would have to ask one of us to get her off. I learned exactly how to behave around her even for a gentle child, she had RULES like don't look into my eyes. Don't put your face in my face. Don't move me. She would stare at the door and I swear she thought she opened it by sheer will. She would chase the st benard on her hind legs with her front ones in full attack mode. She would get on his back and sleep and he would not dare move.
If I had been my Parents there is no way I would have allowed that cat to stay. With that said, she lived 19 years, was the Queen, had my total devotion and was put to sleep in my arms.

So Sancho comes as a surprise. Specially since these are visiting children, not even the house's children. His heart is as golden as he is.

I got Hyia a poster size of the photo Hypnocat. It's under the tree all wrapped up. I believe he is about to have his 2nd Found day.:cool:

Our big yellow tom, Gulliver, was like that :) People don't give cats credit most of the time. They can be the best pets for young children. Cats have a good sense of proportion.

Members online

No members online now.