Ferrets in the snow

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Alternate title: I'm sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Palom didn't mind it so much, but he has fat and a winter coat. Porom has neither, which had me worried. I knit her up a little wool sweater to keep her torso warm, and put them out for about five minutes. Last year, she had no coat and very little fat, but after her first venture outside she started gaining and fuzzifying, so I'm hoping that wasn't coincidence. She needs the weight like whoa. :(

I did get cute pictures of the ferts, namely Mz. Porom in her new sweater. :p

What is this white nonsense? We got rid of this last winter!

Porom did have some fun digging in it...

...before hiding under the barbeque.

Warming up on Joel.

Joel put them both on my back, where they proceeded to snuggle into the hood of my jacket and not come out.

Porom appreciates her warm Palom blanket.

Brattina88

awww :) I've never had mine out in the snow, this is their first winter :) Izzy will probably blend right in :p lol
How old are your babies?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
awww :) I've never had mine out in the snow, this is their first winter :) Izzy will probably blend right in :p lol
How old are your babies?
Definitely wait for a day where it's -10C or higher... I try to, anyway. :p Today WAS a bit colder than that, but I had to put Porom out in her new sweater. ;)

My two are about a year and 5 months. Their birthday is July 1st. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Some extra photos of Porom's sweater. I designed it myself awhile ago (it's just a tube with armholes), but made some tweaks to the pattern that improve it, like widening it near the bottom. I added a buttonhole to the top, thinking her harness would go under the sweater, but this way the sweater is snug and stays on, and the harness goes over top.

The sweater doesn't phase her at all... she just hates being held and squirms a lot ;)

bubbatd

Too cute !! Never thought of them in the snow ! If they like it , tunnels would be fun !

Last edited:

Romy

Taxiderpy
Porom's sweater is beautiful!!! What an awesome idea, maybe there is a market out there for ferret clothes. If I had my own ferret I'd be sending you a check for one.;)

Oh man, they are absolutely adorable!
My best friend used to have two ferrets. A sable and a white. The sable was a male named Boston, and the female was the white named Robe. They were loads of fun, and really adorable!

Members online

No members online now.