Traveler Brag

Just an overall brag about Traveler. He's doing so amazing in puppy class and is just wowing me and everyone else every time

I'm pretty much at the point were I just work on things like focus on my eyes no matter where my body or hands are or are doing, down in motion, around, front, leave it sits, downs and stands were you are at and not coming to me to do them, stays and things like that while the rest of the class is still on sits, downs, stands and focus heavy on lures. Traveler has already got them down with pretty much no lures at all. His down is amazing, all I have to do is either say down of give a very slight hand motion and he drops in a perfect down, all nice and posed even in the middle of heeling.

The main trainer that I really don't like wasn't there last week so it was the assistant guy to help him was a lady I love that has ACD's. They go around to everyone to have them demonstrate with their dog what we're working on and the guy just walks by me and goes "You're fine!" and then when the lady comes by she just claps her hands and goes "Ok Traveler, ready to show off!" and asks me to just get him in a down, stand and sit which he did perfect and then she asks for a focus while I'm moving and I ask her if she wants me just to move in place, move around him or what and she just tells me to do as much as I can. So I walk backwards, walk in, walk around him and move my hands around and he never breaks his eyes away from me.

Then later we were doing recalls and his recall I have to say is very lackluster. He comes, it's just kinda a "if you wanted me why did you walk away from me?" at a mild trot. So I go to the lady I like so that she can make sure he doesn't break a stay or anything while I walk away from him and I go to her "Are you ready to be so not impressed?" and she leans close to me and goes "Well, from what I'm hearing you shouldn't even be in this class and really don't need it at all. He's already waaay advanced" So, they're talking about my baby boy at our club

Then we did loose leash walking and I've been really working on a nice attention heel with him and he's doing great so far with it and it's our turn and I just hear the guy trainer in a stunned voice go "Wow, REALLY good, really really really good!

Then today there was no class because our club had a correction clinic going on and my friend wanted to run through advanced rally a few times with her mutt so Traveler and I came with for fun. While I'm waiting for my friend to show up they lady trainer I love see's me and gives me a kinda confused look, walks over and then brightens and goes "Oooh are you here to do rally with him?" I just laughed and told her no but that I was tickled she actually thought we were at all competent enough to attempt that, which neither one of us are at a point were that would be feasible at all.

So yes, that's my major brag about my Einstein puppy. Who managed to figure out a way to get onto my bar height kitchen table today in the 30 seconds he wasn't in my sight

Matt74

Awesome - you seem to have a really bright and motivated dog there! With that kind of talent, don't let him go bored, or he will channel all that intelligence into mischief :)

Thanks guys! It was funny, I was on the phone with a friend of mine and said he does a wonderful down in motion and she goes "During heeling or do you mean while you recall him?"

And I told her I was talking about down during heeling but-*calls Traveler to me and says down in the middle of the recall and watches him drop to the floor* I guess he does both :rofl1:

Awesome - you seem to have a really bright and motivated dog there! With that kind of talent, don't let him go bored, or he will channel all that intelligence into mischief :)
Oh I know, believe me I know! But my god is having a high drive, intelligent dog fun

Would love to see video of him!! He sounds really amazing :)
I want to get a video of him sooo bad but don't have a camera that has video on it

Members online

No members online now.