Well I just called Animal Control

I hate doing this but I think it would be better for the dog. They said it might take a while but they would get someone over here, I think it's b/c I wanted to remain anonymous. This will be long, I'm conficted.

My neighbors are (to put it nicely) white trash, they have a female dog who looks like a small choc. lab mix and is not spayed. Anyway this is the second time I've done this. The first time they came out and put her back in their fenced in back yard and gave them some kind of warning and a how to keep her from getting out. She had broke off her chain and crawled/dug out under the fence and proceeded to get into trash cans, demolish yard decorations, dig holes under my fence and take off my shoes that were on my back porch.

Then she kept getting loose and wound up yep you guessed pregnant. When the pups were born I saw them out in the grass, out of her reach b/c she was chained, so I pulled some old espionage tricks and got over there and put the pups in her dog house. Then I looked around for water and food, no food just a few empty dirty plastic bowls that had been chewed on, the water bucket is drilled to the side of the dog house, it was green! So I got my hose and gave her water and took some cans of Alpo and fed them to her which she gulped down in 5 seconds. Well all the pups have been gone for some time I don't know if they died or if they gave them away. They turned out to be little hairballs.

She keeps getting out and I don't blame her. She's bored out of her mind and she's trying to scavage for whatever morsel of food she can find. But she's been out for like 2 days now and she's barking and chasing cars, and the meter reader guy just came by and she kept charging at him. I think they forget they have a dog and plus it's obvious they don't know how to care for one.

Now see, doesn't it seem like this should priority for A.C. neglect is neglect and overpopulation is bad enough already. I hope if they pick her up that the neighbors won't pay the fine and she will be able to find a new home where someone will take care of her.

Am I doing the right thing? I'd hate for Charlie to try to get out, it's driving him nuts that she's out there barking. Does anyone think I should just mind my own business?

luvmydogs

hell no. u absolutely did the right thing. wished there were more people like u..

Fran27

Definitely the right thing. I wouldn't have been so patient and would have called as soon as she got the pups though.

Becca_

chowchow
You did the right thing. I hope they pick the dog up soon or someone will take her in and give her a loving home. Poor thing.

Animal Control doesn't really seem to be worried unless they get a tip on fighting dogs. I wish there was some other organization out there that cared about all aspects of dog/cat ownership. *sigh* But I had to call it in to give it a shot. Yeah Fran I wish they could do something about it, I don't think they would have taken her and the pups away from the home, it's less for them to try and take care of. I don't want her to be euthanized, I guess that's why I'm so confilicted.

luvmydogs

Tail_Chaser said:
Animal Control doesn't really seem to be worried unless they get a tip on fighting dogs. I wish there was some other organization out there that cared about all aspects of dog/cat ownership. *sigh* But I had to call it in to give it a shot. Yeah Fran I wish they could do something about it, I don't think they would have taken her and the pups away from the home, it's less for them to try and take care of. I don't want her to be euthanized, I guess that's why I'm so confilicted.
i would have told them, " i think she's bleeding or something" lol..make them come out quicker. let someone else in your family (maybe a man)call again....just keep being persistent. they call themselves animal control, or "humane society" and then on the other hand , they really dont give a shit, ya know

Well I just saw the truck go by. I didn't see them pull up to the house, I was watching The Price Is Right, I want Bob's job. Dang it! But I don't see the dog out there or in the backyard and there is some note on their door knob. The dog is probably out wondering around somewhere. :(

Last edited:

poeluvr

Tail_Chaser said:
They turned out to be little hairballs.
yea u did the right thing, absolutely. maybe if they do pay the fine, which i doubt, next time she gets out just take her right to the shelter...im sure she'd be picked up by someone, chocolate labs are in high demand right now.but what do u mean they turned out to be haibalss, like just had alot of fur?/\

bogolove

My friend Liz called Animal Control on some people down the street for leaving their Weimeraner in their closed gargage in 100 degree weather. We could hear him moaning and crying when we walked by with our dogs. Plus one of the little girls that lives there said that "he has to stay in the garage because he throws up every time he goes in the house", what a horrible thing to tell your child. I would throw up too if I had to stay in a hot garage all of the time. So , Liz called animal control, and I guess they came out because the next time their garage was opened we noticed there were 2 big fans in there. I hope that helps though. It was nice to know that they had checked into it.

LEA said:
.but what do u mean they turned out to be haibalss, like just had alot of fur?/\
yes hairballs, little furry things.

thanks everybody for letting me know what ya think. it makes me feel better.

I haven't seen her since they came by earlier...I'll keep an eye out for her and try to see what those creeps do when they read that note.

Well...

I didn't see the neighbors right when they come home, but right after that, the woman that lives there left, then when she came back I saw her with the dog in the backyard. Maybe A.C. had a chance to pick her up after all! But she was replacing the old collar it had on with a harness and chaining it back up. Maybe that will keep her from getting pregnant again and getting into trash...but I still don't think they take care of her like they should.

frznbuns

You were so right to report them.. but a little advice.. Next time take a camera and take photos of the conditions. Also check with your animal control, i know where i live, if you have an intact female, you have to pay a breeding permit every year. It is $20 if she does not have a litter and $100 if she does. Good luck and you were right to Call so don't feel bad for the people, feel bad for the poor dog.

Members online

No members online now.