Lundehund

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
So Jesse has a 8 month old puppy named Badger. I don't have an pics to share but beleive me I will since they live with us now and as soon as I get my camera back. But anyways when he was a pup he looked gray now that he is practically grown up he is pretty identical to the main picture dog on the site. He is a great dog smart and energetic but also really sweet. I would not mind having a Lundehund myself one day. Has anyone else ever heard of this breed? I know they are rare but I figured maybe someone has heard of the breed or met one?

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/lundehund.htm

BostonBanker

I spent quite a while looking into them - absolutely fascinating breed. It is suspected they are actually a separate sub-catagory from the other domestic dogs. My father does a lot of traveling to Norway/Sweden and I had hoped I might make a connection to a breeder there and bring one home someday.

I'm not sure I understand the post completely - is this dog actually a Lundehund, or does it just look like one? There are some very unique physical characteristics that would clarify if it is a Lunde.

The big downsides to the breed are health (almost all, or, according to some people all, have a degree of a digestive disorder) and training (very ancient type of dog that doesn't act like most dogs). The health is a real issue in my desire to own one. The problem actually kills some dogs. I know there is a lot of research going into trying to figure out the problem and how to deal with it; I think it will take a while because the breed numbers are so incredibly low.

I look forward to the pictures!

bubbatd

Interesting !!! Not familiar with them and if I saw one on the street , I'd probably think " cute mutt " !! I really get foot-in-mouth disease at times if I ask what mix a dog is and find out it's a purebred !

BostonBanker

How cool! We definitely need pictures! Apparently there is one that does agility around here, so I'm hoping to get to meet one in person this summer.

Is his uncle in the US?

Agilitylabbie

Last Ehco of Fieldfare
I had heard of the breed but never got the chance to meet one until recently at a Rally trial my work was holding. Very nice looking dog, though a little skitsy. The lady imported him & did agility & rally with him.

StillandSilent

How cute! I don't know about the extra neck joints though, I think that would creep me out. :yikes:

Members online

No members online now.