Want a designer dog? Check the pound

verderben

My local pound regularly has shih poos, labradoodles, goldendoodles, and lhasapoos, and you will ALWAYS find 1 - 2 puggles weekly.

I have seen 6 puggles in the last 3 months, as well as a cancer causing labradoodle. Each of them outgrew the darling stage, and off to the pound it went.
I rather like the thought of making up a name for mixes, as long as you don't take it seriously. When Radar was younger we were asked about his breed all the time. We finally settled on a North Carolina Minkling. Of course the thought of anyone breeding them is gross.

Oh, she doesn't really cause cancer (I hope). We took her in last year and placed her with a wonderful family. They returned her because their little boy developed a rare and fatal form of brain cancer and they were in the hospital with him so much she wasn't getting the time she needed.
So we placed her with another couple. Two weeks after the adoption we get a call. The woman has been diagnosed with leukemia. So back she is. The running joke of the shelter is that she loves us so much she is getting people sick just to stay with us. She really is a good dog, and we have another family very intersted right now.

Members online

No members online now.