Puppies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

champagne

Whats the point of a women staying "intact" if she doesn't want a child? But might change her mind throughout her life
We have morals and values and are capable of making choices when it comes down to sex. Dogs dont have that capability....They just want to DO IT!!! They cannot and do not see what the consequences (good or bad ) that would come out of their mating. There is also education being implemented for women about having children. It all comes down to educationing people.

You just keep going on and on about how horrible I am b/c I wont fix my dog. If you want to fix your dog FIX IT If you dont DONT. Man its like religion you just cant push it on ppl. You ppl are sick you enjoy jumping all over ppl b/c they dont act like you or follow your guidelines. They read no Spay and just go at it with the person
I volunteer at the local shelter and see many pups come through that people have decided they no longer want. We are a no kill shelter so these animals end up staying here until adopted out. They live everyday wanting to be with someone to love and take care of them. Many end up here for much longer than they should be. It hurts the dogs emotionally and very possibly affects their behavior negatively as they continue to grow up.

It is much better to spay and neuter your dog unless you are a breeder bettering the breed or showing your dog. Your pups or their offspring could end up just like the pups I have seen going through the shelter process waiting to be adopted. The people that have brought them into us had good intentions when taking on a new pup, but for many different reasons they give them up.

I also worked while I was in high school for four years at a kill shelter and let me tell you all of the innocent dogs and puppies that were killed...Imagine having to make that decision on who lives or who dies on a daily basis!!!!! Its not their fault they ended up at the shelter but they had to pay for that with their life.

The foster homes here are full ...132 cats at a sanctuary, 20 more in foster at one home, another 20 in other homes and more at the shelter. dogs are at the main shelter with others occupying smaller branches of the main one.....at least 50 dogs if not more all from our small town of 2,000.

Thats why we all get upset at people who wont spay and /or not responsible enough to care for an intact dog. I know accidents happen..but now YOU can help us and them (the dogs) by having a spay/neuter in your adoption contract and follow it up after they are placed in homes. And by spaying your dog.

We are all so comfortable in our own little spaces here in this world that its hard to really know the true reality of things that happen in this country alone. Can you honestly say that all the pups born in this country due to accidental litters or irresponsible breeding will end up in a home? Just think of how many pups that would be...thousands..and thousands and thousands.....and many more thousands.

Do some research on the internet and find the stats that tell you how many animals end up at shelters that are killed. I think you will find the figures staggering. Due some research on how many offspring can come from one dog in their lifetime, again staggering.

I know yours was an accidental litter but guess what? there is yours and the next guy and the next guy and the next guy and so on and so on and so on....
I would encourage you to go help out at the Humane society. You will proabably fall in-love with the dogs and wonder why anyone would give them up only to see them killed when they aren't adopted out. Or go volunteer at a Springfield vet to see the litter of pups brought in to be killed because the owner doesnt want to deal with them.
Sometimes actually being right there working in a shelter, seeing whats happening, gets people to realize the real problem that exists everywhere.

By the way I'm close to Springfield......Call the humane society and the shelters around here and they could probably give you stats for this area ...You could also ask them about their opinion on spaying and neutering...

We as a society need to see this huge problem before us. We control the lives of animals as they cannot. So shouldn't we be doing whats right for each and every one of them and trying to help with the over population?

D

Dobiegurl

I repeat again,

If spaying and neutering is supposidly going to fix the number of shelter dogs, then "fix" the human race so that the population is under control and that will eliminnate the poverty in this world.

LET'S SAVE THE WORLD, YEAH!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

D

Dobiegurl

We have morals and values and are capable of making choices when it comes down to sex. Dogs dont have that capability....They just want to DO IT!!! They cannot and do not see what the consequences (good or bad ) that would come out of their mating. There is also education being implemented for women about having children. It all comes down to educationing people.
Yes, but the whole "quality bred" crap is so materialistic, so I'm assuming people think only those who will produce "quality" offspring should be allowed to. Only those humans who have the correct temperament, and structure should be allowed to reproduce.

Now tell me, does that sound rediculous? I think so, but its ok to do that to dogs, I mean there only dogs, right? (sarcasm)

D

Dobiegurl

UM WAY OF TOPIC who is orion at first glanceI thought you were talkin bout an onion I was like huh?

Orion was a former member but does not post here anymore because some people didn't agree with his blunt responses, which to me were funny.

canadianmandy

Certified Animallover!
O ok
champagne I am going to run a no kill center. Your talking to a person who would take every pet out of a shelter. Our point was that breeding mixes and breeding pures are equal if one is bad all is bad. I do not want another debate. you have your veiws I have mine Have a great night Sleep all! Maybe tomorrow things will go brighter!

D

Dobiegurl

canadianmandy said:
O ok
champagne I am going to run a no kill center. Your talking to a person who would take every pet out of a shelter. Our point was that breeding mixes and breeding pures are equal if one is bad all is bad. I do not want another debate. you have your veiws I have mine Have a great night Sleep all! Maybe tomorrow things will go brighter!
On this forum, doubt it.

D

Dobiegurl

blue said:
No one else wants to make a comparison between animals and humans.
The last time I checked humans ARE animals. Its amazing how the human race thinks so highly of themselves. But it is us, the human race who sins, not the other "animals". I for one feel other animals should run this world because the human race has done a sh*tty job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.