-New Here-

Toller_08

Just thought I'd introduce myself and my dogs. My name is Devan and I' new here (obviously..). I have 4 dogs, although only one of them is strictly mine. I still live with my parents at the time being so I just refer to their three as mine aswell. I am completely obsessed with the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and cannot wait to have one of my own in 2008 (hence my username)...I've been waiting years for a purebred. Some of my favourite things to do include taking pictures of my dogs, aswell as friends' dogs and I also love to groom. At the moment, I can't think of much else to tell you about myself. I just found out about this board today and after browsing a bit, it looks like a great place! Now I'll introduce the dogs:

Tango: (My dog) She is a 3 year old female Toller/Border Collie mix and is without a doubt, the best dog I’ve ever had. We got her from a friend's accidental litter...under normal circumstances I would never get a dog that wasn't either a rescue or from a good breeder but the entire situation is too long to explain. Tango is an extremely active, fun dog to have around and she is completely tennis ball obsessed. If somebody gave her the choice between a steak and a tennis ball, she’d take the ball. During the summer, her favourite activity is swimming. I’m sure if it was possible, she’d live in the water. It’s nearly impossible to keep her out of any body of water whether it be a pool, lake or a river. She lives to swim and retrieve. She is a somewhat nervous dog and gets stressed easily around loud noises and new situations but for the most part, she’s a very happy girl and her tail is in constant wagging motion. Tango is also an extremely smart girl and knows roughly 50 or more commands. She loves to please people and does all of her tricks with great enthusiasm! She’s also a ‘talker’ and every morning she wakes the entire house up by talking. That’s pretty much everything I can think of to tell you all about Tango, she’s a wonderful dog and I'm extremely happy to have her.

Winston: He is an 8 (?) year old Doberman Pinscher from a local Doberman rescue. We got him on March 27th, 2005 so he's been with us just over a year now. He was badly neglected and abused...when he was picked up he weighed in at roughly 40 pounds and is now up to 80. He's a great dog who loves absolutely everyone & everything he meets. He likes to sleep most of the day but does enjoy a few good laps around the yard every now and again aswell as going to the private off-leash park and the river in the summer time.

Tia: She is a 6 1/2 year old Miniature Dachshund, we rescued her mom from a horrible situation when she was already expecting pups so Tia was born here. She's a fun girl and not at all yappy as a lot of people would thing seeing as she is a little dog. She's very stubborn though and is a little leary of new situations but all in all she's wonderful and everyone who meets her falls in love...even people who don't like small dogs.

Morgan: She is a 6 month old female Rottweiler whom we adopted from a local Rottweiler Rescue is February. We've always had Rotties ever since I can remember and when our last girl past away last year we finally decided it was time for another. Our house just doesn't feel complete without a Rottie in it. Originally we did not want a pup, we were hoping for a young female about 2-3 years old but there were none available so we went to see Morgan and fell in love. She's a very smart girl and has been the best behaved puppy we've ever had.

Sorry for making this post so long. Off to look at the rest of the board now!

Kase

Hi and welcome, your dogs are beautiful :). Please feel free to post pics whenever you want :D.

Members online