The Venting Thread

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Got in touch with my breeder today to see if she would be doing any more breedings with my favorite sire and dam and she said that things in her life are kind of changing around and she won't know for sure if she will be doing ANY more breedings AT ALL until a few months down the road. Iwillhazabigsadifthathappens!

:(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My boyfriend is gone to Florida for two weeks. He left yesterday and my anxiety is already nearing unbearable tolerance. Which is disconcerting, because he and I haven't been doing well lately and being alone scares me.

Stupid brain. Stop it. Let me be awesome.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
So frustrated. Slowly losing more and more places to take dogs to in order to work on leash work around distractions. I usually take the dogs to home depot by my place. They have never cared and the people there really like my dogs, especially Cricket.

Josh and I ran to home depot just now. He needed some stuff for a job he is doing for our landlord and I needed a new snap to replace a snap on one of my leashes. Decided to bring Cricket with to take advantage of the opportunity to work with her a little there.

I'm walking up to the door and see a big sign that says no pets allowed anymore except for assistance dogs.

So.... Yet another place I can't bring my dogs to now... I was so frustrated that I had to turn around and leave Cricket in the car while I grabbed what I needed. Tempted to not go back to home depot at all now honestly.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
So frustrated. Slowly losing more and more places to take dogs to in order to work on leash work around distractions. I usually take the dogs to home depot by my place. They have never cared and the people there really like my dogs, especially Cricket.

Josh and I ran to home depot just now. He needed some stuff for a job he is doing for our landlord and I needed a new snap to replace a snap on one of my leashes. Decided to bring Cricket with to take advantage of the opportunity to work with her a little there.

I'm walking up to the door and see a big sign that says no pets allowed anymore except for assistance dogs.

So.... Yet another place I can't bring my dogs to now... I was so frustrated that I had to turn around and leave Cricket in the car while I grabbed what I needed. Tempted to not go back to home depot at all now honestly.
Another reason not to go... Look at my most recent shared story on FB.

Lyzelle

Shipping Zander with us just keeps getting more and more complicated.

He needs an international microchip. Then an updated rabies vaccine. Both need to be 21+ days prior to when we leave(or get a 10 Health Cert). Then we get a 10 Day Health Cert, but it can only be filled out by a VS Area Office. The closest Area Office to us in Mississippi will be in Jackson. The closest to Baltimore is Richmond, VA.

I find it weird we weren't told about this, at all. We were only told that Zane needs to be UTD on his shots. End. Zilch. Nothing about the rest of this was explained or even mentioned.

Now I'm wondering if everyone we've talked to thus far is just that flippin' useless or if we some how, some way, don't apply to this scenario since we are military or just flying into the base itself.

Urg.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR

He needs an international microchip. Then an updated rabies vaccine. Both need to be 21+ days prior to when we leave(or get a 10 Health Cert). Then we get a 10 Day Health Cert, but it can only be filled out by a VS Area Office. The closest Area Office to us in Mississippi will be in Jackson. The closest to Baltimore is Richmond, VA.

I find it weird we weren't told about this, at all. We were only told that Zane needs to be UTD on his shots. End. Zilch. Nothing about the rest of this was explained or even mentioned.

Now I'm wondering if everyone we've talked to thus far is just that flippin' useless or if we some how, some way, don't apply to this scenario since we are military or just flying into the base itself.

Urg.
That's weird because y'all weren't told about this stuff earlier. I would be contacting the base y'all are going to (if y'all have not already) and see what they say.
I would be very very p1ssed if I JUST found out this BS. Go over whoever's head you have to. There are ways around everything, you just have to find them.

Locke

She's been posting on Instagram and hasn't replied to me. So I made one more attempt to get an answer out of her but after that, I'm done. I'm here crying because this is just tearing me up and I can't stand it anymore.
I know you're upset, but perhaps you are being too clingy and she feels like she needs some space? It's great that you love your friends so deeply, but maybe it's too much for them??

Saeleofu

Urg.
My guess is everyone else was useless. I've never heard of a dog NOT needing all those things for flying to a foreign country, military or not. Be glad it's not somewhere like Australia or Hawaii, it could be much worse!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My guess is everyone else was useless. I've never heard of a dog NOT needing all those things for flying to a foreign country, military or not. Be glad it's not somewhere like Australia or Hawaii, it could be much worse!
When we were planning a move to the Netherlands, all of these things were required as well. I think that your dog is subject to a quarantine period if you don't do them, which would be terrible.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I know you're upset, but perhaps you are being too clingy and she feels like she needs some space? It's great that you love your friends so deeply, but maybe it's too much for them??
I haven't even been talking to her because she has been hurting my feelings inadvertently (saying things online about friends and leaving me and my sister out) and her mom said she was extremely upset and crying that I wasn't replying to her texts, so I doubt it's that. And now shes doing the same to me so she should quit complaining about that. We've always been like sisters and if she doesn't want to be that close and care that deeply for us then she won't have us at all.

Lyzelle

When we were planning a move to the Netherlands, all of these things were required as well. I think that your dog is subject to a quarantine period if you don't do them, which would be terrible.
Yeah, I would agree that these people just seem ridiculously useless. I knew about the rabies and microchip after I browsed the USDA website. I did not know that the Health Cert could only be approved by a VS Area Office. I thought it only needed to be done by any certified vet.

It's like the more I find out, the more complicated it gets. And everyone's sitting on their hands and doesn't know crap about it.

So it looks like we are taking a detour to Richmond on our way to Baltimore to get this 10 Day Cert. approved. Yay.

This entire move, not just Zander's transport, has been all about people sitting on their butts, twiddling their thumbs, and not doing crap or not telling us anything. It's beyond annoying.

YOU are moving us to Italy. YOU need to get your crap in order. YOU need to know WTF YOU are doing.

:wall::wall::wall:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I just want a consistent work schedule!!
For the most part it is predictable. But there are just little things here and there, like oh for a couple weeks you'll have Wednesday be your half day, and then oh for a couple weeks you'll work full days on Wednesday. Basically I am kind of the "floater", so while I'm supposed to have set days and hours... whenever it needs to be tweaked, whenever someone needs time off or needs to rearrange their hours... I'm kind of the fill in. My schedule gets rearranged to compensate.

Someone is going out of town in a couple weeks so my half day of working 8-2 is turning into me working 7-6. As receptionist. DO NOT WANT. It's extra hours and I'll survive but good God I like my half days and I just want my schedule to stay the same for more than a week at a time! It's like every time I start to get used to a schedule, it goes and gets changed on me.

Saeleofu

For the most part it is predictable. But there are just little things here and there, like oh for a couple weeks you'll have Wednesday be your half day, and then oh for a couple weeks you'll work full days on Wednesday. Basically I am kind of the "floater", so while I'm supposed to have set days and hours... whenever it needs to be tweaked, whenever someone needs time off or needs to rearrange their hours... I'm kind of the fill in. My schedule gets rearranged to compensate.
At the zoo I mostly have fixed hours. Every Tuesday morning, every other weekend all day both days, and then if someone calls in sick I'm happy to fill in.

At the clinic...nobody has set hours. The schedule is NEVER the same for anyone from one week to the next. I just don't understand it. Why can't the schedule be the same every week? Granted now it's mostly stable for me because the only time I'm available is all day Friday and every other Saturday, and every 4th Sunday for kennels...but it still seems to vary.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
She responded, and said everything I didn't want to hear. She is a completely different person and it's just breaking my heart. I don't know what to do at all. I really don't.

She basically said that she knows she's changed and she's happy. That she has "tons of friends now" and that makes her happy. (She's still in school.) So it being popular is what is important to her, I really don't know what to tell her. She's pushing away her true friends for friends that make her FEEL like she's popular. And I am not the only friend who is feeling this way, another of her close friends is in the same mindset and has expressed the exact same feelings to her as my sister and I have, so I told her to take a step back and ask herself why her true friends, the people who have been there for her are worried about her.

Airn

She responded, and said everything I didn't want to hear. She is a completely different person and it's just breaking my heart. I don't know what to do at all. I really don't.

She basically said that she knows she's changed and she's happy. That she has "tons of friends now" and that makes her happy. (She's still in school.) So it being popular is what is important to her, I really don't know what to tell her. She's pushing away her true friends for friends that make her FEEL like she's popular. And I am not the only friend who is feeling this way, another of her close friends is in the same mindset and has expressed the exact same feelings to her as my sister and I have, so I told her to take a step back and ask herself why her true friends, the people who have been there for her are worried about her.

I'm sorry this is happening. Losing a friend sucks. I have a very hard time letting go of friends. But sometimes, you need a break. It might be a month, it might be a year. You might never reconcile. I just recently talked to three people I ended on bad terms with.... 2 years ago.

You don't seem like you're in a happy place right now, not including this situation. Sometimes people have to figure out things on their own. If she's telling you she's happy (even if you feel she isn't) I don't think you crying is going to help matters. You'll just end up feeling worse and worse about the whole situation and she'll be hanging with friends, feeling fine.

I agree with the others. It's tough, but it's part of life. And I know you feel differently because you two have been together for a long time. But that really doesn't mean much under the age of like...18. A childhood friend rarely stays an adulthood friend. But that's okay. You want to grow. Change isn't a bad thing.

I really am sorry you're in this mess. It's hard. But don't keep setting yourself up for heartbreak. :(

My vent/sads

The job shadowing I went on was pretty awful. I spent 6 hours trudging through neighborhoods with two other girls. In 30 degree weather that was windy and spitting snow. I really thought this company was a different thing. It seems like they are SOMETIMES. But their current campaign is just not for me. I'm not a go to your door and sell you something person. I'm friendly, but not THAT friendly. And the jokes were cheesy and I honestly would have turned them away. :lol-sign: They were only 'selling' to people that had some history with the company they were marketing for, so at least there's that. But... still. It's not my thing.

And I'm pretty sure they're going to call me today and offer me the job. Even though I practically told the boss it wasn't for me and I didn't feel I would be a benefit. "Oh we can train you". I don't understand why you would hire someone who basically told you "I would suck at this job."

Did I mention it's entirely COMMISSION? Ugh. :(

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thank you Airn. I really appreciate all the help and advice, I just don't feel like anyone can understand our relationship. I would say she's like a sister but a lot of people don't even love their own sisters the way I love mine and the way I love her. And I keep telling myself the things you guys are saying, and I acknowledge that you are right for the most part, but my heart still hurts. And thing is, I HAVE been in a good place. An amazing place. I've been happier than I've been in a LONG time. And a lot of it had to do with her. You have to realize that in the last three years or so we have spent EVERY weekend, EVERY holiday, EVERY day off together. Nearly every good memory I have includes her. And it's hard to let that go. I don't think I can do it.

And i'm sorry that your job shadowing went bad! I wouldn't take the job if you won't enjoy it.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Apparently she wants to apologize in person. I am hoping and praying that we can work this out.
I hope you can find some resolution that will calm your heart. I went through something similar with a friend. At one point he was more than a friend. But through everything he was my BEST friend.
And then he decided he didn't want to be my friend anymore. He didn't want to be friends with ANY of his old friends anymore. We all got pushed away. Nobody could do anything about it... I guess his mind was just made up. To this day I still don't understand why. I did get an apology at a later point and I know a few others did as well, but the damage was done, and he was a different person then. And so was I... the damage was done, as I said.

It's been a long time and it still hurts to think about. And yes, I know what you mean about a very real, physical pain from it. It did in time get better. I don't really miss him anymore - no point in missing someone who is no longer the person they once were anyway; my best friend is long gone - so much as I mourn for the friendship we once had.

I wouldn't say it's "just part of growing up" exactly. There is a significant difference with some people in your life, and when they leave, it's... not the same. It's tough. And your heart hurts.
But it will get better, one way or another. I promise.

Members online

No members online now.