First trial next Sunday- few questions

Kayla

Hello all,

Duke and I are excitedly awaiting our first Rally and OB trial next Sunday but as it is our first trial I have a ton of questions that I was hoping someone could perhaps give me a hand with, thanks:)

I have informed the trial secritary that we are competing in both events which start at the exact same time. On the OB side, Judging starts at 9am, and there is only one person in front of Duke and I and I know I need to be waiting ring side lest, the person doesn't show. Or even if she does, I know the first run through can't take too long.

Now when she e-mailed me back she said this would be fine, lots of people do it no problem, judges are usually flexible etc etc BUT and this is a big BUT in my situation, the walk through for our Rally run is at excactly 9:00am! UH OH! She said that the OB judge will be flexible because theyre are only 8 contestants entered in total under NAMBAR at the show. However she didn't really give me specific instructions. So my question is what do I do? I am very comfortable with not walking through a Rally course before running it, and I am only going for fun, so its not the end of the world if we dont get a 200 on our first trial but I am not sure if I am allowed to miss the walk through?

Either way I will be arriving very early 8 ( registration starts at 8) so hopefully I can find my OB judge, talk to him, talk to the Rally people and get it all straightened out, breath relax, warm Duke up and then go out.

Second question, we originally signed up for our first OB trial a few months back but I made the tough decision to pull out at the last second as I felt I had not had enough time to accustome Duke to unfirmilar handling by scary strangers ( well he views them as scary) and I knew I was asking for disaster on the stand for the exam. I have done tons of seperate work on Counter conditioning this since and while he is now comfortable, I need to address the worse case scenerio, so if it should happen I know what to do. I am only addressing this situation out of expecting the unexpected, I suppose it just comes with living with and loving a reactive dog.

If Duke should show signs that he is not comfortable with the judge approaching on the stand for the exam, how would I inform the judge that I would like to forfit my run and that I would like him not to approach my dog as he is not comfortable?

I have worked with him on this, I do trust he will accept handling, I do trust that he will not feel threatened, I do trust he will feel secure and it will go smoothly BUT like I said, I just don't like to take chances.

Okay third question, once I finish both runs when do judges call out the results, and if we happen to do well enough to place, how does that all work? I know I will be doing a lot of running around from Rally to OB ring and I will only have one other person with me who can help me listen for these annoucements, should I inform the ring stewart at each ring that I am also entered in the other trial and that if I should be called and do not appear then I am most likely at the other ring so the judge knows?

Thanks for all of the answering, Im just trying to get all of this cleared up well ahead of our trial, i want it to be fun, regardless of how we do, but I know I need to get everything figured out so that I dont over stress on the day of.

Kayla

Dekka

Just try me..
Hey is this the PADOC trial?

Yes you can tell the judge not to touch your dog and forfeit the run. If you do well enough for a ribbon when they call your name you come forward and except the ribbon :D

Kayla

Hey is this the PADOC trial?

Yes you can tell the judge not to touch your dog and forfeit the run. If you do well enough for a ribbon when they call your name you come forward and except the ribbon :D
Hey Dekka,

Perfect that's what I needed to know:)

And yup it is the PADOC trial. It's been held at the Duoro community center, I've never been so Im going to leave early incase I get lost on the way.

Are you going to be there if so we should meet up.

Take care

Dekka

Just try me..
Both Laura (Mafia) and I will be there. The arena is 5 min from my house :). My guys compete in NAMBR too, but not for years. PADOC puts on awesome trials. (hehehe I taught and was a member with PADOC for years before I went back to school)

Kayla

Oh yay how exciting, I imagine it's going to be a very hectic enviroment but Im planning on sticking around to watch all of the higher levels so maybe I will bump into you guys during the day.

Dekka

Just try me..
It shouldn't be to hectic :) PADOC trials run pretty smoothly. And the arena is contained.. I don't think you could avoid us :p

Members online

No members online now.