I had my baby :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Baby Nora Grace was born on July 12th. I ended up being transferred to the hospital for an emergency c-section which I'm still recovering from.

She was only 5lbs, 4oz at birth and 19" long. She was stuck sideways in me and I labored naturally for almost 30 hours.

I am in love with her. She's just amazing.

We went for our first outing (besides the pediatrician last week) yesterday for her professional newborn pictures. The drive was over an hour long and things went relatively well!

Here are just a few pictures of her from yesterday.

image by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
She is so beautiful Jessie <3 and wow go you! 30 hours!
I know you are going to make an amazing mother, keep this thread going with all her little adventures!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Thank you! I think she's such a beautiful baby as well, haha. She has big dark blue eyes and dark brown hair.

Labor was terrible... I feel that my birth center really failed me. I had a wonderful experience at the hospital, though, once I was transferred. The epidural was HEAVENLY after laboring naturally for so long. If I had known my labor wasn't progressing like it should've been (my midwife dropped the ball on me), I would've transferred to the hospital hours before I did.

She is beautiful! Huge congrats mama!

Be easy on yourself. Having long labored and c sections can definitely take a toll on you. (Both if mine were over 30 hours and ended in c section too). Give yourself time to heal and recover for sure

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Congratulations, Jessie! Best of luck with her.

Welcome to the "real world" ;)

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Congrats , and she is beautiful. I wish easy sleeping and happy tummies for her.
Enjoy it and good luck.

THe only advice I will bore you with is , remember every baby is different .

EDIT~ You a trooper to last 30 hours labor. The pillow will be a friend for awhile and sleep when she does.

joce

Beautiful! Great pics!

C-sections are awful but end result is worth it! Looking back I was afraid of breaking myself and the baby lol!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm so sorry you had a bad birthing situation, but oh my goodness, she is here and she is safe and she is ADORABLE. <3 Welcome to the world Nora!

Congrats to you both! I eagerly await more photos. <3

Members online