The Venting Thread

FG167

People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

YES I AM AWARE I AM WAY TOO INVOLVED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS

AND NO I DON'T CARE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE BOOKS AND TELL ME SANSA ISN'T A FRIKIN GEM

A GEM I TELL YOU!
This made me LOL

Xandra

People need to stop insulting Sansa Stark in my presence. The girl is strong and she is fighting for survival, even if it's a different kind of strength than Arya. They are playing different games and just because she was soft spoken and girly doesn't mean she isn't a total and complete badass

AND NO I DON'T CARE

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Agreed! I wouldn't call her a badass (that's Arya to me) but I've always really liked Sansa chapters and I really like her character.

Sansa is intuitive, serious, calm, very composed, stoic, empathetic, very likable, adaptable. She's demure while still having self respect and confidence. People put her down because she isn't "proactive" enough, doesn't meddle, doesn't sass, she defers (at least on the surface), isn't outlandish, aggressive etc. Well good for her. She's naive but that isn't BAD lol she's a 12-13 year old girl born in good times, she was NOT AT ALL prepared for what Ned brought her to and she had every reason to be naive. She does learn, but just because she's had some rough times doesn't mean she's going to immediately change her whole worldview and become jaded and cynical. Which is good news for her, because she's basically stayed in everyone's good books. She has endeared herself to the most powerful schemer in the kingdom and one of the very best warriors. I believe she will succeed in life, once she has some elbow room. With Bran and Rickon gone, she's heir to Winterfell and maybe potentially Riverrun?

I'm always a bit miffed when people can't see the value in staying out of way in a situation like that and waiting for something THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK to come along. Not that I dont' love her too, but Arya's had 1000 narrow escapes and is freaking lucky as hell she wasn't raped, killed, captured and given to Ramsay Bolton, etc. Sansa has been consistently safer in court where she's valuable as heir to the North. (too involved in fictional characters, you say :lol-sign:)

Brattina88

Ugh. Work.

So, girl that I spent nearly two freaking months to train to take over my position of summer. Worked very closely with, and really took the time to get to know her and teach her, and then weaned myself out of the room ad was totally open to her ideas and allowed her to make changes to my room....

Put in her two weeks today. After working two full weeks of summer :wall:
WHAT a waste of time, let alone the school's money. I can honestly say I didn't see this one coming.

And now I'm screwed :(

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Today sucks so bad. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong.

I woke up in a horrible mood and my face was wet with tears....yay nightmares I can't remember >_<

My first day of my math class and the stupid math building is all backwards. It has a class that is 211 on the freaking 3RD floor!! wtf!? so I was late.

Decided to take Talon to the lake to swim as it was raining so it's a good time for him to run around free. There was one person there, but they wehre on the dock fishing, which is awesome. So we take him off leash let him swim and the people on the dock start walking towards us. I thought they where leaving so I leash Talon, just to be safe, and their little dog is freaking out at the end of the leash. They start by us but then suddenly turn right for us and let their overly stimulated small dog right in Talon's face, which it immediately starts attacking Talon. Talon freaked out, whining and running away while they pulled their dog away. ergh

Then, instead of leaving THEY FREAKING GO FISHING IN THE SWIMMING AREA while their two young kids run around in the water next to the fishing hooks yelling and screaming their heads off. >_< We just went to the boat launch area and played a little longer, until the kids started over our way screaming, then we left.

Today just freaking sucks. >_<

Torch

I was at work today and this car returned that apparently had a little kitten up hiding in the engine!!! My boss and I spent 10 minutes trying to coax it out, and finally got it out. The little teeny tiny thing was feral and ran from us. We saved him from traffic like three times but then he ran away in the woods.

And I'm really bummed about it because he was tiny and cute and fluffy with big ears AND A BOB TAIL!!!

IMAGINE ALL THE CUTE MOMENTS I COULD HAVE CAPTURED ON FILM IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO CATCH HIM!!!!

He looked like a stuffed animal, I'm so sad I cannot haz.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

AND NO I DON'T CARE

A GEM I TELL YOU!
Crap, I hope your friend is able to recover the photos completely, Sara :(

Ack. YES.

I think people need to stop with all the Sansa hate, and I haven't even read the books. I mean, at this point in the show she hasn't done much so I don't think she's a "badass"... but I'm incredibly fond of her character. It's a very realistic kind of strength and I think she's pretty great.
Sansa has grown from one of my least favorite characters to one of my favorites. I feel bad for her. She's gone through a lot and has proven that she is an incredibly strong character, even if it is in a different way than Arya.

Arya is pretty badass though.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I just really hated today. And as soon as I woke up this morning I knew it was going to be a crummy day.
I was completely off my game and tired and just not motivated to do anything. And it was totally busy all morning with people coming in and the phone ringing off the hook, so of course I grabbed it when I was able to help out the receptionist. And lucky me every time I answered it, it was someone with a ton of questions or other needy things. So I didn't get a normal lunch break because I had tons of things I was trying to finish and didn't want to be like "k guys it's 1:00 time for lunch here's all my posty notes of things that need to be done BYE." So I went to lunch late and came back early so I could make all my phone calls before appointments started back up.

And then I get back from lunch and there's a urine sample that had been sitting there for an hour that no one bothered to look at. So I start to run it and then an appointment shows up and my "assistant" is doing I don't even know what, but I'm like... you need to either finish my UA or go in that appointment. Pick one. I can't do both. Rawr.

I actually normally don't mind Mondays much, even though it's an 11 hour day and they're always busy. I just completely wanted to quit at life today.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
What about when you have that one cool-ass coworker who reads and watches all the same things as you and people make fun of you when you nerd out over characters and have debates about works of FICTION in the workplace.

#nerdproblems #misunderstood
I actually met a patron like that at the races last week ... It was awesome :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Insomnia for the third night in a row WHY? You'd think after just getting 2 or so hours of sleep last night that I'd be tired. Nope.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I just really hated today. And as soon as I woke up this morning I knew it was going to be a crummy day.
I was completely off my game and tired and just not motivated to do anything. And it was totally busy all morning with people coming in and the phone ringing off the hook, so of course I grabbed it when I was able to help out the receptionist. And lucky me every time I answered it, it was someone with a ton of questions or other needy things. So I didn't get a normal lunch break because I had tons of things I was trying to finish and didn't want to be like "k guys it's 1:00 time for lunch here's all my posty notes of things that need to be done BYE." So I went to lunch late and came back early so I could make all my phone calls before appointments started back up.

And then I get back from lunch and there's a urine sample that had been sitting there for an hour that no one bothered to look at. So I start to run it and then an appointment shows up and my "assistant" is doing I don't even know what, but I'm like... you need to either finish my UA or go in that appointment. Pick one. I can't do both. Rawr.

I actually normally don't mind Mondays much, even though it's an 11 hour day and they're always busy. I just completely wanted to quit at life today.
Darn it I hate it when I am off my game at work :( I work at a fast paced kind of high stressed job wed/thurs-sun/mon & fri-sat I work evenings from 4 pm to 12am. Usually I can get a nap in between but Friday I didn't & had to work the whole day straight through ... That was tough :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have two bumps on my head right above and behind my ear. They don't look irritated, they don't itch...they are just two non circular lumps that are making my head HURT. What he heck. I noticed them last night and whenever I would sleep on that side of my head last night I'd wake up with a pounding headache. They kind of remind me of a lump I had that popped up on the side of my face at my jaw line.

They better go away or I'm going to be unhappy. :(

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I have two bumps on my head right above and behind my ear. They don't look irritated, they don't itch...they are just two non circular lumps that are making my head HURT. What he heck. I noticed them last night and whenever I would sleep on that side of my head last night I'd wake up with a pounding headache. They kind of remind me of a lump I had that popped up on the side of my face at my jaw line.

They better go away or I'm going to be unhappy. :(
I had a lump pop up behind my ear like overnight, turned out to be an infected lymph node. Extremely painful and needed antibiotics. You might want to look at a diagram of where the lymph nodes lie and see if you think that could be it, because you'll want to see a Dr. if it is.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My project update failed five hours in last night. Bah. Redo but now everyone is here and using the project so I can't do it now. I have to wait till everyone is gone.

Sansa has grown from one of my least favorite characters to one of my favorites.
I never liked Sansa in the books, she seemed so weak to me. But the I think the actress who portrays her in the show has done a really stellar job of showing that her apparent passivity is actually a really clever survival tactic coming from a place of incredible strength and self-restraint.

My vent... I think Squash has some environmental allergies. Sadface. I always said that the ONE health problem I NEVER wanted to deal with in a dog was allergies... and now I have two. Time to start saving up for allergy testing, blargh.

Members online

No members online now.