Bread maker questions

xpaeanx

So, I picked up a breadman at the thrift store and I'm pretty excited about it.

Just have some general questions about it if there is anyone on here that "breads."

1) Are there any little tips or tricks you had to learn outside the manual that you think I should know?

2) What are the best flours value/taste wise to use? King Arthur is too expensive to use regularly but I have noticed a difference with general baking depending on the flour I use so I assume bread will be the same. I will be making about 1 loaf a week and 1 pizza dough a week.

3) Any online sites that have consistantly "better" bread machine recipes?

CaliTerp07

My mom is the bread machine queen. She has 3 of them, and uses them all regularly (at Christmas she had them all going multiple times to make enough dough for rolls!)

Make sure to set it way back away from the edge of the counter. If the dough gets off center, the machine will start to rock (sometimes quite a bit!) She lost a machine once when she started it at left the house, and the contraption rocked itself off the counter entirely!

xpaeanx

Thanks Cali! That is a very good thing to know! Totally would not have even thought about that.

It also explains why my friend puts hers on the floor when she uses it. I always thought it was a space issue... Now I'm thinking otherwise. HaHa!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Fresh cheese bread is amazing.

LOL We just use whatever is on sale for flour, making sure it's bread flour.

And yah, I wouldn't set it and leave. Those suckers walk :p

Members online

No members online now.