Grooming tips needed?!

I have two mini Schnauzers, George(all black) and Weezie(black and silver). I’ve taken each to the groomer once or twice and have since been grooming them myself. I’ve decided to invest in some good equipment as I will be grooming a total of 4 now! I'm leaning towards the Andis AGCL LightSpeed Clipper or the Andis AGC 2-Speed. I am not sure if a one speed is sufficient so may go with the 2-Speed. (I groom once a month). Any advice on which would better? I’m also looking for a good shampoo, a pair of good shears for blending and those used for clipping inside the ear. Any suggestions?

It's still a matter of self preference in choosing the perfect clipper for your dog grooming. Audition each product and see what's perfect for your needs and for your comfort.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I have the Andis 2 speed. Had it about 3 years now. I like it, it's held up well. I groom 2 cockers about once a month. I used the faster speed more in the beginning. I use it less now.

Giny

I also have the andis 2 speed and I'm a groomer by trade. Out of all clippers this are the ones I love the most. I don't use the high speed all that much, it wears down your blades too fast, the only time I might use it is if I don't have a good blade working, and needs sharpening. I'll use the high speed to help out until I can have it sharpened.

Thanks for the help! Others have also mentioned on a few different forums they don't necessarily use the higher speed all that often. I think I'll go with the Andis AGCL single speed!

Any Recommendations on shears? I have the cheap pair that came with my cheap clipper set..Don't plan to use them any longer. I know I'll need a pair of hemostats. Does anyone have any suggestions on blending shears and good brands to use?

Thanks for all the help!

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
With Schnauzer pet clips a pair of straights that aren't so spendy (like from petedge) that are long enough to do the eyebrows are all you really need.

I use an andis clipper set. Really you can go a long long time with a good set that is well taken care of. You'll need extra blade drives and a good dip blade wash. Ebay is a great place to find a new set at a reasonable rate

Members online

No members online now.