Can I just say I'm totally falling for GSD's again?

JacksonsMom

I was talking to my dad today about our German Shepherd, Sadie. We got her spur of the moment when I was 10 years old because I was upset about parents divorce and other family issues, so my dad gets me a dog.... of course that was stupid. We didn't research the breed enough and my dad was at an unstable point in his life. But anyways, she was totally MY dog through and through (I just didn't pay for her expenses being so young). She ended up being put to sleep when she was 4 years old because she attacked a worker who came onto our property and he had to call Animal Control and she was put down on my first day of high school at a brand new school, I came home and she was gone. :( I cried for weeks, and was devastated. (this was Sadie: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t90502-6/#post1643867)

Anyways, my dad & I were talking about her today, and he just regrets all that so much because we know so much more now about dogs and training in general. And Sadie was SUCH a smart dog, she had SO much freakin' potential and we blew it.

I feel I would be a good GSD owner and it would be something I could handle now (but it would first have to be when I own my own house with a yard).

And for the last few months I had pretty much decided I am a small dog person... but I think I've fallen in love with the GSD again! Ahhhh!

Obviously, I am not making any decisions and this would be 3 or more years far off. But God they're just gorgeous amazing dogs. <333 And I miss my Sadie.

Members online