Mr. Auggie and his knuckle bone

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie's had his knuckle bone about three or four times by now. The first day he had it for 15 minutes, then 30 minutes a few days, and yesterday he had it for an hour. He's getting pretty far into it now - I expect he'll only have it another day or two before I'm ready to throw it out.
This morning when my mom took him out to potty, he had loose stool.

Is this normal? I'm not concerned about it because he ate a good chunk of meat off it yesterday. I'm sure that's what it is, but I could do with hearing a few other people say that's probably what it is. =>
Perhaps in the future, when I give him another knuckle bone, I should be using some enzymes to help his tummy? I wasn't worried about it since he wasn't going to be eating a LOT of it, and was going to be slowly weaned onto it... but maybe I still should have gotten some enzymes for him?

Also, the "sell by" date from the butcher was September 29th. Between feedings, I wash it off, put it in a plastic ziplock bag, and then put it in the freezer. Like I said, I'm pretty sure he'll be through it in a few days - should I be too worried about that sell by date?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
No to your first and last question. Hehe

I wouldn't worry about the sell date, and it's very normal for a dog after just eating raw for the first time (or the first time in a while) to have some loose stool.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm a fan of raw when I watch my little boy chewing happily on a big meaty bone.
I'm NOT a fan of raw when I come home to LOOSE POOP IN HIS CRATE. Yikes!! That's a new one on me - usually he just gets the runs, but can hold it. Not today, apparently... ai-yi.

Auggie has now had a bath and ALL of his crate toys and his pillow are in the wash. Poor little guy. Maybe I should chuck this bone and wait until I can order and get in some digestive enzymes to try again... =<

fillyone

But please, call me Barb
Did he get a bigger than normal hunk off?
Dante had one knuckle bone - got a big hunk off and paid the price with watery poo
:(

Members online

No members online now.