The Good News thread

Zoom

Twin 2.0
You're the only one! I gassed up cars, straightened the lot, and had three appts cancel.
I had a couple appointments cancel and then this was a fresh walkin who kept insisting they weren't buying a car today. :cool:

We actually got 6 out total for the store.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I had a couple appointments cancel and then this was a fresh walkin who kept insisting they weren't buying a car today. :cool:

We actually got 6 out total for the store.
Try 1 at ours. But, hell, I'd buy a Subie for Christmas, too. :D

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY: I now have enough money to completely pay off my credit card! I took all the money off the Audi card that I forgot about, my old job sent me a check, and I got my first paycheck from work! It means I have no money in my checking account BUT WHO CARES.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
ITS CHRISTMAS!!!

And also, my friend and I (the one who has been on the outs with me for almost a year now) talked all night last night til almost 3 in the morning and I swear it's like we never lost touch. I just love her so much and am so hopeful for the future.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Awesome Christmas. I felt truly welcomed into my partner's new family. We had a gift exchange game on Christmas Eve and I prepared my family's traditional gluhwein (mulled wine) for everyone. Drank some delicious scotch after that (Ardbeg 10 and Glenfiddich 18) and went to bed good and hammered. So many laughs hahaha.

Christmas morning and afternoon were more of the same awesome! I had the funds this year to load everyone up with gifts, and boy was I spoiled in return.

Best part: his family had absolutely no issues with me bringing Finn, and even though he had to stay on leash the whole time (their new kitten was terrified of him) he was awesomely well-behaved. Marshall's family loves him and he wasn't flustered at all by all of the commotion and noise and people. Love my puppy and I'm happy to finally get to spend Christmas Day with him again!

Tomorrow we continue the festivities, as it's their tradition to have another dinner party on Boxing Day for his cousin's birthday. Best holiday week ever.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm finally getting the hang of the circular needles and have a good start going on the brim of a hat. I've been switching back and forth between that and a dish rag on the straight needles, with only one noticeable hole!

Related: I am in so much love with these Chiagoo needles. I'm going to get more sizes.

Saeleofu

I had to wear my "emergency Khakis" today because I got my last clean pair covered in cow poop and hose residue cleaning the barn last night, and forgot it was my last clean pair. These were deemed "emergency Khakis" because they didn't fit - WAY too tight on the wait and thighs, though they did "fit" enough to wear in a pinch. To my surprise, when I pulled them on this morning...they were LOOSE! As in, I have to tighten the drawstring loose! They're still "emergency" Khakis because they have no belt loops to hang my keys on and they're REALLY LONG, but THEY FIT! I think I'll call them my Victory Pants now. ;)

On that note, I've been told thrice now that I look like I've lost a lot of weight. I've only lost 25ish pounds, but perhaps I've gained some more muscle. I have been going to the gym irregularly, but I attribute most of my weight loss to not having a very accessible and well-stocked candy drawer at work anymore. And my practicums. And my meds. But definitely not my diet. I eat crap, and lots of it. Baby steps.

Also, I got to play Night Keeper in farms last night and I REALLY enjoyed myself...and then my supervisor in that area publicly posted on Facebook that I was awesome! :D I volunteer in Farms on Tuesday afternoons usually, but I actually got paid for this (since Education is also technically in charge of Farms). It was just hosing and scrubbing all the stalls in the barn and giving the one Arapawa buck that stays in at night a flake of hay.

An now, at last, I get to settle in with my dogs, chocolate,and my weighted blanket and watch Doctor Who. I can finally feel all the feels and cry as much as I want. I watched it once already, but it was with my mom and brothers, and they were talking and whining the whole time. I swear, when the new season starts in August, I WILL NOT wait to watch it with them. I will watch it alone in my room in the early afternoon (with blackout curtains) when it gets put up on iPlayer and cry uncontrollably like I did for Rings of Akhaten. I WANT THE FEELS, DAMMIT!

ETA: Also, TARDIS and Dalek jello shots. I used enough blue food coloring to turn cherry jello navy blue, so I'm going to **** blue for weeks, but doesn't matter, had TARDIS shots.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Off on my first trip to the new house with a load of tack and boxes! :D

Also, dinner in the crock pot and a load of dishes going. Morning errands already run. Lookitmego.

Members online