Quality "bulk" biscuit

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Ok, I'm looking for a good quality buy in BULK biscuits for the boys.

Any ideas?

P.S. Oh and NB does NOT make/sell their biscuits in bulk.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I couldn't tell you. I buy a big bag of the Innova healthbars, and those last me for over a month with my two (they both get 2 a day). Are you looking for the big biscuits or little training biscuits? The innova healthbars are really big, I also like the canidae snap biscuits though because they are large as well. How much BULK are we talking about here though?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I already told you this, but I'll tell you again :p

"Buddy's Biscuits" sell theirs in bulk...10 pounds / $36.00

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
lol@jess... sometimes I don't get it the first time around! :D

I didn't think of the Innova bars, Julie. I just don't like to support the closest store that sells them here. But that would be a decent "bulk" purchase. We used to purchase biscuits in 20# boxes... so I'll check out Natura's line. :)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&pxsl=//product[@id='74']

They are available in 4 and 20 lb packages. I only buy the 4 lb bag and that lasts my two for awhile. Actually I just went to check and I'm out so I have to go get more tomorrow. I think I have been slacking on their treats though, maybe I just look into buying the bulk bags as well that way they won't risk running out :yikes:.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I would like to start getting Chloe's in bulk, but the store that I get her food from only has them in the small bags...

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I would like to start getting Chloe's in bulk, but the store that I get her food from only has them in the small bags...
Have you asked if they could special order them for you in larger sizes? I know the store I go to will special order me stuff if they can find it (and they do their best to find it). Since they have the smaller package though they can more than likely get the larger sizes in. I would ask, it never hurts. Even if they don't sell what you are looking for it never hurts to ask if they would be able to somehow get it in (and make sure you mention you are going to be buying in bulk because that usually lights a fire under their butt to get it in:D ).

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Have you asked if they could special order them for you in larger sizes? I know the store I go to will special order me stuff if they can find it (and they do their best to find it). Since they have the smaller package though they can more than likely get the larger sizes in. I would ask, it never hurts. Even if they don't sell what you are looking for it never hurts to ask if they would be able to somehow get it in (and make sure you mention you are going to be buying in bulk because that usually lights a fire under their butt to get it in:D ).
Good Idea :D I didnt even think of that....

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Ahhh... bulk biscuits... I buy a small bag of biscuits and they last me a month :D

I've also seen the Innova Healthbars in bulk, as well as the Old Mother Hubbard ones :)

Hannah gets Canidae bars and Old Mother Hubbard. I get both in 20lb boxes, if memory serves. I order them wholesale from a supply place in my area.

Brattina88

phooey... all of my suggestions were already suggested, lol

Have you ever thought about making some treats, in bulk? :)
That's what I have been doing lately. I have different sizes for different things, and I can make as much as I want (unless I run out of ingredients I guess :eek:). They last a loong time, if stored properly, and you don't have to worry about the ingredients or anything ;)

shazbot

not so newby
Ok, I'm looking for a good quality buy in BULK biscuits for the boys.

Any ideas?

P.S. Oh and NB does NOT make/sell their biscuits in bulk.

Old Mother Hubbard sells bulk. My problem is that I don't go through the treats fast enough...sometimes the little beetle thingies get it. I wish that I could get the Wellness apple/banana cookies in bulk...

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Good idea, Bratt.... what are some that you make?

I'll have to search Old Mother Hubbard and I now know that Innova sells there biscuits in bulk.

We buy in bulk and put them in an airtight dog food bin. That way we save money over time and they last quite awhile. :)

Brattina88

1 cup flour
1/2 cup peanut butter *
1/2 beef broth *
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all ingredients together; roll it over floured surface, cut into fun designs
Bake for 20mins 350'F
(or longer depending on how crunchy you want it)

Cool completely before serving, and store in an air tight container to ensure freshness
---------------------------
* can be chunky or regular. Can also be substituted with cheese or other 'similar; ingredients (I've only tried cheese - it was very sticky and I could only make different sized balls, but turned out great...)
* can be any kind of broth depending on dog's likes, or allergies can even be water.

So, the recipe can be doubled, or tripled, whatever ;)
It's easy, and you can substitute and experiment all you want. I know I did :p

Members online

No members online now.