Henry the mystery mutt!

Torch

I consider Henry to be quite the wondermutt. I truly have no idea what he is. His original intake papers are sketchy and obviously the awesome person who dumped a box of puppies is a reliable source.

Whoever dumped Henry and his littermates owned his mother, who they listed as a 'lab/pitt mix' on the intake paperwork. They had no idea what his father was, but lived in an area with intact hound mixes and beagles.

I've heard many breed guesses and I'm genuinely curious what you all think.

IMG_1196 by chance1191, on Flickr

IMAG1477 by chance1191, on Flickr

cutie by chance1191, on Flickr

Henry's about 19 inches tall and weighs between 33-34 pounds. He's very slim and a super fast runner. I've only seen one dog ever keep pace with him; a retired racing greyhound! He has little drive but is very athletic and agile. Quite light on his feet. His behavior and personality is fairly houndy, but he is also more sensitive and soft than your typical hound. He's also very smart and quite a bit more obediend than a beagle. And he's very very in tune with us.

Thanks for any input!

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I'm going to say some sort of Cur/Beagley mix....just saying this since I have both breeds with some Lab thrown in for fun :D

Basically if these two had puppies:

Would equal a Henry. But that's just me cause I LOVE Henry but you already know this!!!

milos_mommy

Lab/pit/beagle doesn't sound far fetched.

Just on his looks I'd probably guess pit/beagle anyway!

Flyinsbt

When I saw just the top part of the dog, and hadn't scrolled down yet, I just thought Beagle mix. So Beagle sure seems likely. Though the Beagle itself is just basically a scaled down version of a Foxhound. So, could be a different hound mix. There sure is hound there, though.

Torch

I'm going to say some sort of Cur/Beagley mix....just saying this since I have both breeds with some Lab thrown in for fun :D

Basically if these two had puppies:

Would equal a Henry. But that's just me cause I LOVE Henry but you already know this!!!
Hahaha, yes! He does look like a combo of those two.

Pops2

I consider Henry to be quite the wondermutt. I truly have no idea what he is. His original intake papers are sketchy and obviously the awesome person who dumped a box of puppies is a reliable source.

Whoever dumped Henry and his littermates owned his mother, who they listed as a 'lab/pitt mix' on the intake paperwork. They had no idea what his father was, but lived in an area with intact hound mixes and beagles.

I've heard many breed guesses and I'm genuinely curious what you all think.

IMG_1196 by chance1191, on Flickr

IMAG1477 by chance1191, on Flickr

cutie by chance1191, on Flickr

Henry's about 19 inches tall and weighs between 33-34 pounds. He's very slim and a super fast runner. I've only seen one dog ever keep pace with him; a retired racing greyhound! He has little drive but is very athletic and agile. Quite light on his feet. His behavior and personality is fairly houndy, but he is also more sensitive and soft than your typical hound. He's also very smart and quite a bit more obediend than a beagle. And he's very very in tune with us.

Thanks for any input!
mountain cur, maybe with some feist. Because they come in brindle, mt curs that are picked up on the road or dropped at shelters are commonly labeled labXpit. So yeah considering where you're located, how he looks & what you wrote about his personality, I'm gonna say scatterbred mt cur that didn't make the grade in the woods

Torch

mountain cur, maybe with some feist. Because they come in brindle, mt curs that are picked up on the road or dropped at shelters are commonly labeled labXpit. So yeah considering where you're located, how he looks & what you wrote about his personality, I'm gonna say scatterbred mt cur that didn't make the grade in the woods
I can see him not making the grade. He's a great hunter, but he's soft and sensitive. How much of that is his natural personality and how much was his subsequent environment, I'm not sure.

But he'll track anything. Squirrels and bunnies are his favorite. He often climbs trees after squirrels.

Torch

Yes, Lilah is exactly who he reminds me of. If I recall her mother was a Vizsla and her father a Beagle.
She is such a pretty dog! The similarities are striking. Especially her expression and posture in some of the pictures.

Really, all I see is Chuck lol.
Lol, yes! They do share some intangible derpy similarities. I can't put my finger on it, but I see it too!

Members online

No members online now.