Trying to decide on my next dog

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Quinn's a-okay with other dogs as long as they aren't super hyper and in her face, or have their paws all over her. She absolutely hates that and will correct a dog in that mindset, but unfortunately when dogs are that excited they aren't likely to listen. She's fine with dogs that aren't in her face and/or that run a lot in play - usually other herding dogs, spaniels, and she has a couple Husky and Beagle buddies who play like she likes.
This is pretty much exactly how Rowan is - he tolerates other dogs fairly well, but won't hesitate to correct them if they're too pushy and rude. I used to work at a dog daycare and he'd come to work with me everyday and learned to put up with a wide variety of personalities, but there were very few dogs he'd ever really play with. Nearly all of his playmates were herding dogs (almost exclusively female, save for one male Aussie.) My roommate has a female cattle dog mix who is his best friend. I'm not sure why, but he seems to 'get' how herding breeds play better than other breeds. We joke that he's secretly a herding dog himself. :p

My next pup will likely be a female, since Rowan tends to get along better with them. He's fine with respectful males, or male little dogs regardless of personality - he loves him some little dogs - but I'd like to stack the deck in my favor. Then again, I've always had boys, so who knows...

I haven't really looked into the Boykin, to be honest. I'll have to check them out!

Members online