Chevy having accidents.

Chevy, the lab X we rescued 6+ years ago, has started urinating in the house. She has never done this before. I let her out and she will pee about 2 large lakes and then go to the water dish and drink about half a gallon. She is kept in my room at night and has managed to soak the carpet twice. She is not signaling to go out like she used to do. Just last night she created the pacific ocean in my parent's room, I mean it was the biggest puddle I have ever seen. Could it be kidney problems or cushings? . I will be taking her to the vet as soon as I get paid on Friday. She is no longer taking the steroids for her skin problem, the vet weaned her off them slowly. She also has severe arthritis,the skin problem, and is just generally slowing down. She is about 11 or 12. Also, if it can't be fixed, what are the best doggy diapers to get?

If Chevy is spayed she might have an incontinence issue due the to spaying. She is lacking hormones and that cause the incontinence.
First take her to the vet and get a urine test to make sure there is nothing wrong with her urine and kidney. Then the vet will recommend a few options. Keep in mind that medication can have some side effects. There are also some natural herbal tablets available that will help.

When I have a choice I always choose natural solutions.

The incontinence is not a big deal and easy to fix.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
She could have something something simple like a UTI, or something more serious like failing kidneys to diabeties. Im glad you will be taking her to the vet. A urine sample and labwork are a must to see whats going on. I hope nothing major is wrong!

Pomp

One of my dogs had an accident in the house, and would pee multiple times when she went outside. Turns out she had a UTI. Went on medication and it went away.

elegy

overdogged
there are lots of things it could be, some more serious than others. the best thing would be a trip to the vet with a container of her first morning urine.

good luck!

Amanda885

aw, poor lady. i hope she's ok.
there are quite a few things that could cause this, but talking to your vet would be your best bet. good luck and keep us posted!

sending positive vibes both your way!

Members online

No members online now.