Garcinia Cambogia

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Anyone try it? Reviews? With diet and exercise could this actually help? I read it was a mood booster also and helped people who we're suffering with depression and anxiety. Thoughts?

I get these emails from Living Social and I got a promotion to get a bottle for 60 days for $12 instead of $50.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Anyone try it? Reviews? With diet and exercise could this actually help? I read it was a mood booster also and helped people who we're suffering with depression and anxiety. Thoughts?

I get these emails from Living Social and I got a promotion to get a bottle for 60 days for $12 instead of $50.
Seems fad-ish. There is no "Holy Grail of weight loss". You'd get much better results with an overall diet and exercise shift than adding things like this to your diet, IMO. These supplements only "work" when you eat a healthy diet and exercise, anyway.

Three minutes of research tells me that clinical trials show that HCA has no effect on weight loss or fat reduction.

I agree with Allie, is like the herbal life bs, my mil buys into this crap all.the.time! Herbal life was all these pills to help you loose weight...and a SUPER restrictive diet, lol. But she lost weight...and put it right back on when she went back to real food. You need to do an over all life style change, and keep it up forever in order to loose weight and keep it off. Small lifestyle changes over time...at least that's what I was taught in fat camp lmao.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Seems fad-ish. There is no "Holy Grail of weight loss". You'd get much better results with an overall diet and exercise shift than adding things like this to your diet, IMO. These supplements only "work" when you eat a healthy diet and exercise, anyway.

Three minutes of research tells me that clinical trials show that HCA has no effect on weight loss or fat reduction.
Well of course I would diet and exercise, that's why I mentioned that part. I just wonder if it actually boosts the weight loss or not and whether it helped mood and energy like it claims to.

Thanks for doing some research! I never know where to find reputable info. I googled it and found a bunch of positive stuff so it's hard to know what to believe!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I agree with Allie, is like the herbal life bs, my mil buys into this crap all.the.time! Herbal life was all these pills to help you loose weight...and a SUPER restrictive diet, lol. But she lost weight...and put it right back on when she went back to real food. You need to do an over all life style change, and keep it up forever in order to loose weight and keep it off. Small lifestyle changes over time...at least that's what I was taught in fat camp lmao.
I agree with this 100% but at the same time, I feel that when you need to lose as much weight as I do, losing the bulk of it is most important and by then I would be able to keep it off because I'd be in shape enough to actually exercise and keep it off. At the moment the only exercise I can do is swimming and light walking. I have bad back and knee issues.

Airn

As others have said, it's best to change your lifestyle but I get what you're saying. It's nice to have that 'boost'.

It might work. Everyone's different and needs a different sort of boost. Most of these diet supplements do not work more than 3-6 months. You are going to lose the most in the 1-3 month period and slack off after that. There are a couple RX only diet supplements and it's the same story with them. Although people do use them for extended periods of time. (Usually with little effect.)

I'm always a bit hesitant about these types of medications or crazy diets. My grandmother ate basically pork rinds and diet coke for weeks for one diet. That's insane! You can't maintain that!

For that big of a savings, I would say go for it. It will probably give you the confidence and boost to start eating better and exercising as much as you can. And if it does that, then it works at some level! :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I agree with this 100% but at the same time, I feel that when you need to lose as much weight as I do, losing the bulk of it is most important and by then I would be able to keep it off because I'd be in shape enough to actually exercise and keep it off. At the moment the only exercise I can do is swimming and light walking. I have bad back and knee issues.
Everyone starts somewhere! Weight loss is a long and habitual process. Swimming and light walking are good. Keep doing them, and set the bar -just- a little higher for yourself each time. If it's too much, step back a little. Eat healthy from scratch for your meals and try not to slack into processed foods.

I was 250 pounds and could barely walk briskly, let alone run, when I started. Even now I have knee and core issues that can severely flare up if I overdo it. Oh and did I mention a heart condition that can cause me to black out if my heart rate goes over 180? We all have our limitations. We can let them control us, or we can continue moving forward, being mindful of our limitations but not letting them halt us.

Everyone is "in shape enough" to exercise, eat well and lose weight. The amount or type of exercise you do doesn't matter so much as you're doing something. You're outpacing everyone on the couch. :)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Pretty much what everybody else has said.

It's basically a placebo effect, and it working depends on how desperate the person is. If the person desperately wants to lose weight, they are going to follow the diet and exercise instructions perfectly, so yah, it will work.

Will it help depression? If it works, most likely! A portion, at least, of people's depression is usually their weight. Lose weight, less to be depressed about. Same as anxiety. Have somebody feeling better about how they look, they'll likely start feeling less anxious about things. Is it some miracle drug that helps you lose weight, become less depressed and anxious? Not really, since there's likely a correlation between all three. Lose the weight, the depression and anxiety will start to go with it.

Sure, you got a certificate for $12 for a 60-day bottle... but it will say for best results, try at least for ___ days, you'll start to see results (from diet and exercise) and then you'll be sucked into paying $50 for the next 60-day bottle. They know this. That's their plan.

A friend's father tries a new fad diet pill often. Looking at the bottles, there's... absolutely nothing in them that actually points to weight loss. But, anybody can do diet and exercise on their own, the company is here to make money! So they put some herbs into a pill, sell it to you, and then tell you a diet and exercise regime so it looks like it's working, and you keep coming back to them.

If you want to lose weight, and you've been trying by yourself with diet/exercise and it doesn't seem to be working, don't go to "a pill". If you have a little money to throw, speak with somebody (or there are places on the internet!) and get a diet/exercise plan formulated for you. Then it will be food you'll eat, exercises you have the ability to do, and results.

Fwiw I was 350lbs, I went to 285lbs and am at 300 now, so I honestly know where you are coming from. Most was lost by making lifestyle changes slowly as I was taught in fat camp.

Michiyo-Fir

Hey I have half to 3/4 of a bottle left from Naturewise that I never use. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll ship it to you.

It didn't really do anything for me of the 3 weeks or so I took it, seems pointless and I just stopped.

Members online

No members online now.