1/52 weeks of technical and conceptual photo challenges

SaraB

I failed this week. Too sick, too busy, not enough daylight. I tried sneaking out between runs yesterday but I didn't get anything in focus (still getting used to the remote shutter release and having to pre-focus). Are we able to post pictures after the week is up?

Taqroy

I have a picture (actually two) but I was unable to edit them because my sd card reader died and tried to take my computer with it. Oh, and because I'm a professional procrastinator and waited until yesterday to try and edit. Lol. Also interested in the late submission answer.

Taqroy

Okay I'm submitting anyway. No one can stop me. :ninja:

IMG_9219-2 by taqroy, on Flickr

I decided to go simple. I am pink shoes and jeans and a dog (or three) in my living room.

Equinox

<3 That picture. So awesome.

I'm gonna follow these just so I can see awesome pictures! ;)
Thank you so much!! I realized last minute that I had forgotten to take a photo for this challenge and had to figure out something quick. Nothing creative but I liked it!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I failed this week. Too sick, too busy, not enough daylight. I tried sneaking out between runs yesterday but I didn't get anything in focus (still getting used to the remote shutter release and having to pre-focus). Are we able to post pictures after the week is up?
Please do. :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Ah, yay! I was wondering this as well. I've just been so busy with moving I literally have no time. We're hitting a new big park today at my new place so hopefully I might be able to get something!
I sympathize, really, I haven't picked up my camera this week at all. I keep meaning to take more photos of the house renovation but my cell phone camera is all I have time for right now. Soon I'll play catch up!

SaraB

I did it!!

Actually this one was from my first attempt (I went out to shoot this picture 3 times). I decided it was the best I was going to get and am actually pretty happy with how it edited up.

This is me. I love the outdoors (even in the cold winter), I adore my dogs and my dogs adore me.

This was shot with a 50mm 1.8f lens on a tripod with a remote shutter release.
Aperature: f4.0 Shutter speed: 1/1000 ISO: 500

1/52 by ZooomDog Photography, on Flickr

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ahh, I really AM trying here. I thought finding the time to take the picture would be the problem. Now Flickr won't let me log in. Dear Flickr, we have a love-hate relationship going on and it's not healthy.

The photo isn't near the creativity as the rest, but I wanted to get something if for the first week.

SaraB

Ok, here are my critiques!

I adore the concept! The focal point is good and I love the aperature you chose. It does seem as though the white balance is off, maybe a little on the cool side? Overall, I really, really like this image, especially how it relates to the theme this week.

I loooove this photo. I was going to do something similar, however I saw your photo and decided there's no way I could've shot one that compared so I went with another idea. I like how the warmth of the image, I think it helps convey a relaxed mood. The red of the blanket and the red of the tablet cover is another fantastic detail. The only thing I would've changed is to possibly try to get the tablet on the same plane as the focused area (Kastle's face). I think it would've helped show you as the subject of the photo as well as Kastle. So easy for me to sit here and say that, when I know how difficult it is to prefocus the camera and shoot with a remote shutter release!! :rofl1:

This is one of my favs this week. I love that it's focused on your hair with Abe's picture in the background. I love the bokeh from the tree. The absolute only thing I would've changed (if I could wave my magical photo changing wand and it was that easy), is to move the phone to the top right hand corner instead of in front of the tree. I think this would have balanced the image nicely with the focal point in the bottom left corner. I also think it would've helped Abe's picture stand out, rather than fighting for attention with the tree. There are so many little things I love about this photo though. The detail of the black sock blending into the green of the tree, the bling on the collar of your shirt, everything is subtle and blends so well together.

Love this one! Probably because it relates so well with mine. :D I really like the positioning of the subjects on the railroad tracks that are curving off around the corner. I think the edge burning helps frame the image nicely, however I would've liked a more subtle burn personally. Overall, I think it's a fantastic picture, with the highlight being the lines that lead your eyes throughout it.

I love that there are so many different elements to this picture, it's very interesting to look at and to examine everything that is in it. I also really liked the description that came with it, explaining each piece and why it's important. Very cool twist on the theme this week. I may have tried to lay it out a bit differently, having the drawing be the focus point and have the artifacts more the background. I appreciate that the photograph is taken from "as you see it" viewpoint, so I would try to keep that as much as possible. Very cool idea!

Same with the one above, I love that it's taken from "your" viewpoint, and that it has a variety of things that make you, you. I, of course, adore the sleeping puppy! I do however, wish that my eye traveled more smoothly around it. A bit different of a lay out, or a main focus point would help that I think.

Once again, adore the idea of the different objects that represent who the photographer is. I really like that the layout seems to encircle the ferret photograph and that it is the focus point. I think I would've bumped up the ISO a bit to try and lighten up the photograph as it almost seems as though the photograph of Rosey is disappearing into the background.

SaraB

Love this one! The expression on the dog, the feet touching him, I really like it. The tree behind the dog throws me off though, I almost wonder if it was shot with the tree off to the side if it wouldn't help balance out the image? Gah this critique thing is hard!! :)

Ok, here is mine...

Very cool idea. I like the depth of field, I think it adds a certain dimension to the picture. Not sure what the stats are on this image, but I would have tried to lighten up a tad.

Jealous of your ability to get indoor action shots! I love how this one image ties together three very different concepts, the creativity is awesome! The only thing I would change is the crop. I think a vertical crop would frame the subject better while taking away the potentially distracting background.

Okay I'm submitting anyway. No one can stop me. :ninja:

IMG_9219-2 by taqroy, on Flickr
Love this one!! The idea is great, I adore the shoes, I adore the dog's paws. I wouldn't change anything about it, it's lovely.

I'm critiquing my own. I struggled taking this image, I had no idea how difficult it was to prefocus the camera and to get the shutter release to operate when I needed it too. I'm not completely happy with how this came out, but it is what it is. I think it's too dark, I should have bumped up the brightness a bit in editing. I'm also distracted by the falling snow flakes.

I do like some things about it though! I like the concept, I like the look Zinga is giving me. I like the crop and that I was able to follow the rule of thirds.

Members online

No members online now.