cat food list

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I wasn't aware that chicken soup has menadione in it's canned food. I haven't fed it myself in a long long time. That would definitely rule it out.

The recall is really unfortunate because it did make it so many canned foods that cats really love are scratched off. You might also consider Innova but be careful because it has the propensity to make fat cats in my experience.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
We've tried several of the "name brands" and Apache turned her nose up at it. She loves fancy Feast, but I finally got her weaned off of that crap, lol.

The only things I can get the cats to eat are actual tuna and sardines and the Merrick and Nature's Variety canned (mostly seafood flavors from the Merrick, but Nature's Variety has duck, chicken/turkey, beef, venison and rabbit, they like them all but the rabbit).

Adobe is all over the raw, but Apache not so much. I've only tried one flavor though with that, and she has three more tries before we give up on raw for her.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Same here with Innova Maxy, my cats don't like it. But I have used it to fatten up sick rescues.

Years ago, my cats gave me a horrendous time when I had to wean them off that crappy science diet. I tell you that stuff is addictive besides being crap. But it was worth it just do watch most of their digestive issues go away. I had one cat with IBS who was miraculous cured just by ditching that food. So I can relate to you BP, when you say "wean".

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I got them one of those drinkwell fountains and all they ever did was throw things in it. They refused to drink from it and eventually completely ignored it. I think they were really bothered by it a few times when the water supply went down and I came home and could hear that grinding sound. It's in the basement now. I mean why would they use it when they can turn on the bathroom faucet and drink fresh all day without regard to the next water bill...oh I am festering now...lol.

Members online

No members online now.