PLEASE help me through this!!

Scooter

We are going out of town for 8 days and can't take our 7 month old puppy (going to Central America). We have no choice but to put her in "Dog Camp". It's a really nice boarding place- she gets a huge pen to herself with a heated floor- we take her dog bed and her favorite toys; they get walks every day and play time in an outdoor grassy area with other dogs. But it breaks my heart to leave her for that long. I am not excited at all about our vacation- I dread leaving her so much. We had to leave her a few weeks ago just for two days, and I cried like a baby.

I am really having a hard time dealing with this. Can anyone help me get through this?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I know what you mean, I miss my dogs when we have to board them at Thanksgiving, and that's only for about 3 or 4 days! That sounds like a ritzy boarding place. If it makes you feel better, call them every day to see how your pup is doing. Hang in there!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
The thing about dogs is, no matter how long you're gone, they always wait for you to come back. When you do come back, you'll be greeted with a frenzy of tail wags and puppy licks :D. Just keep thinking of that. :)

bubbatd

She'll be fine !! I remember when I first had to kennel .... I think the dogs enjoyed the change of pace !! Enjoy your vacation !

Scooter

Thanks for the support. My husband thinks I need therapy! Maybe it'll get easier when she is older. I sure hope so.

Members online

No members online now.