Found Some Pics... (IMG heavy)

Brattina88

Maddie with my Mom's Chihuahua Minnie, and a foster Toby, long hair chihuahua (mix?). Toby had a problem with anxiety and when he never "dropped" his owners dumped him because they "couldnt afford surgery"

Minnie and Maddie were like best buds [when I wasn't around]

Nikki ... she was 11 and Maddie was 1 in this pic

Brattina88

One of my fav pics. You guys have probably seen it before :eek:

Maddie at her worst :( Poor nutrition and over weight, and starting seasonal allergies, but I didn't know it at the time.

Brattina88

Aw! Carly when I first got her. My little brother's hand (he was 10), she was about 3 or 4wks

Carly's friend! Look at that wild hair! LOL!

The most dogs I'd ever had in my house. No, that's not Carly. That was my first Shih Tzu foster, Suezie. I had to redirect her from a severe digging habbit :rolleyes:

Brattina88

Maddie, Carly, and Ginger, my last foster TD

Lookin' better, right? This was after I groomed her myself. Yes, on the washer, and in the bag ground the dogs tub with sprayer.

The snow storm before Christmas... brr!

bubbatd

The sprint pics didn't come up for me, but I loved the others !! Sweet faces !!

Brattina88

Thanks.

I got Carly at a very young age because I was fostering her. There was 4 puppies in the litter, and when they were able to see and walk good enough the rescue group decided to foster them out so they could be raised right. She came from a backyard breeder, and I was told that the Mom dog tore something inside while delivering and bleed to death (internally). They were lucky in the fact that they got to nurse for nearly a day before she died, so they got that initial colostrum that gave them a chance in life. The owner dumped them after the bitch died because she didn't have the "time or money to raise them." I don't know how accurate this information is, but that's what I was told when I took Carly in.
The plan was to keep her until she was at least 8wks old. It was apparent very early on that she had some defects [extra heart beat that comes and goes (still haven't figured that one out), walleye, and eye lashes that curl in. Very sensitive/delicate stomach, its always an issue to keep weight on her... And also certain social-emotional issues that can be from the byb and being without a Mom at such a young age, though Maddie had helped a lot] and there was a slight disagreement between me and the head of adoptions because I wanted the adopting parents to know what they were getting themselves into. And, of course, after raising one from such an early age I decided it would be to hard on her, and myself, to part with her :p

B

BlackDog

Brattina88 said:
Thanks.

I got Carly at a very young age because I was fostering her. There was 4 puppies in the litter, and when they were able to see and walk good enough the rescue group decided to foster them out so they could be raised right. She came from a backyard breeder, and I was told that the Mom dog tore something inside while delivering and bleed to death (internally). They were lucky in the fact that they got to nurse for nearly a day before she died, so they got that initial colostrum that gave them a chance in life. The owner dumped them after the bitch died because she didn't have the "time or money to raise them." I don't know how accurate this information is, but that's what I was told when I took Carly in.
The plan was to keep her until she was at least 8wks old. It was apparent very early on that she had some defects [extra heart beat that comes and goes (still haven't figured that one out), walleye, and eye lashes that curl in. Very sensitive/delicate stomach, its always an issue to keep weight on her... And also certain social-emotional issues that can be from the byb and being without a Mom at such a young age, though Maddie had helped a lot] and there was a slight disagreement between me and the head of adoptions because I wanted the adopting parents to know what they were getting themselves into. And, of course, after raising one from such an early age I decided it would be to hard on her, and myself, to part with her :p
bless your hearts for fostering these dogs that clearly needed you!

Members online

No members online now.