The Venting Thread

Just when we come to terms with being in NY for the next few years, more rumors come out about the company selling the div. my husband works for. Come on, man, we just got beeeeeeeees, we can't move. think of the beeeeeeeeeees. It makes any sort of life-planning tricky when you're not sure that one person will have a job in 6 months. We've been playing this game for a year now and it's gotten old.

xpaeanx

Just when we come to terms with being in NY for the next few years, more rumors come out about the company selling the div. my husband works for. Come on, man, we just got beeeeeeeees, we can't move. think of the beeeeeeeeeees. It makes any sort of life-planning tricky when you're not sure that one person will have a job in 6 months. We've been playing this game for a year now and it's gotten old.
Well I hope they don't sell... Both for your sake and selfishly bc I will be more local in a year and I want dog friends!!! I need people to invite to my Agility BBQs. HaHa. We're buying a grill before a couch. LMAO. Priorities!!!

Please post your own thread. No one is going to understand what you're talking about and be able to answer you here.
We wrote: our thread. This is the thread: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270260&page=3

Like we have been trying to explain in our thread about take and drop, it doesn't work with treats when those behaviors are teached to Lotta...../

/.....We have linked a tutorial by ourself where those behaviors are teached without treats in pages 2 & 3 see the last message of the thread. We have tried to ask questions about that tutorial but...
Does anyone know answers to those questions?
The reson we have mentioned about this in this thread is that others have not written so much there lately.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We wrote: our thread. This is the thread: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270260&page=3

The reson we have mentioned about this in this thread is that others have not written so much there lately.
they are probably out of ideas for you to try. This has been on ongoing thread and an ongoing issue... I think people have just run out of things to say so maybe it's time to drop that subject and move on to something else

xpaeanx

Well I hope they don't sell... Both for your sake and selfishly bc I will be more local in a year and I want dog friends!!! I need people to invite to my Agility BBQs. HaHa. We're buying a grill before a couch. LMAO. Priorities!!!
I really don't want to move because I'm lazy and moving is a PITA. We were just discussing that after June 14, this will be the longest we've stayed in 1 place since we got married. June 14 is the 2 year anniversary of us buying our house.

xpaeanx

I really don't want to move because I'm lazy and moving is a PITA. We were just discussing that after June 14, this will be the longest we've stayed in 1 place since we got married. June 14 is the 2 year anniversary of us buying our house.
Good. Than I hope you & Hudson are here for when I'm close & can have dog parties. :)

FG167

Yesterday my co-worker had a phone call that made me a little suspicious. Today he tells me he has a "doctor's appointment" on Friday.

Yeah right. He has an interview.

Meanwhile I still haven't heard back anything from any of my applications.

ugh.
I had an interview yesterday. I told them what I make now and that the only reason I am leaving my job is because I can't afford to stay here. They just called and offered less. I'm...pissed. I'd rather have not heard ANYTHING.

Why is job searching so lousy :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I had an interview yesterday. I told them what I make now and that the only reason I am leaving my job is because I can't afford to stay here. They just called and offered less. I'm...pissed. I'd rather have not heard ANYTHING.

Why is job searching so lousy :(
UGH I do not understand why people do that. I interviewed at a place several months ago and told them what I wanted... they offered me a LOT less. Not just off by a few K but off by SEVERAL K. No no no no why do you do this? I told them I couldn't possibly accept for anything less than X amount and then I just never even heard back from them. W.T.F are you doing people.

I told my sister about it (she does the hiring at her work place) and she was like "uhh... why didn't they tell you 'Okay, it pays this, are you still interested in pursuing this interview?'" They knew REALLY early on how much I wanted. I guess it was partially my mistake for not asking in the first interview what it paid. But why the hell bring me back for a second interview when you know you're so far away on the pay situation?! And it's not even like I wanted a lot of money. What I'm asking for is still underpaid for my field... because it's the bloody Midwest and I realize that we're all poor here. FFS.

It really does suck monkey balls.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I think the Lux series broke my ability to read books.

I mean I want to read books. I just don't care about the characters. Like I can't focus on what's going on, because it bores me.

I don't understand what's wrong with me. And it's annoying the crap out of me so much. Because I miss reading and just going into someone else's world. I've read and re-read a few Kenyon books, but that's it aside from the Lux series.

I don't get it. This is annoying and I'm so bored. But I just don't care about actually reading anything. I'll open up a book in my kindle and just try to read it and it's like I see nothing at all. I can't focus on the words.

I miss reading. Also, this is messing with my ability to sleep. Cuz I'm used to reading till I just doze off...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I think the Lux series broke my ability to read books.

I mean I want to read books. I just don't care about the characters. Like I can't focus on what's going on, because it bores me.

I don't understand what's wrong with me. And it's annoying the crap out of me so much. Because I miss reading and just going into someone else's world. I've read and re-read a few Kenyon books, but that's it aside from the Lux series.

I don't get it. This is annoying and I'm so bored. But I just don't care about actually reading anything. I'll open up a book in my kindle and just try to read it and it's like I see nothing at all. I can't focus on the words.

I miss reading. Also, this is messing with my ability to sleep. Cuz I'm used to reading till I just doze off...
I've never read the Lux series but I think I've seen them at the book store and I've experienced similar experiences after going on a YA novel/Fan fiction BINGE

What you are experiencing is common, I spoke to a local librarian about it, and she explained it to me as... Fan fiction and books like lux (not all YA novels, but many) are built to have treats on every page (not really but I mean the plot has many climaxes) to keep you interested
Think of it as watching an episode of grey's anatomy vs. a movie, one is MEANT to keep you hooked and focused for just 30 minutes (big dramatic scenes, plot devices, pretty imagery, sex etc..) because they want you to watch the other episodes (/other books in the series), it's meant to be consumed quickly and deliciously (they are BUILT to get TEENAGERS into reading. Teenagers consumed by hormones and flighty emotions with no attention spans lol)
and the other is more about the overall experience, like eating a full meal instead of ice cream for dinner.

Sometimes, you do need ice cream for dinner! Feels good, sweet, you need comfort, it's what your brain craves because it's a book that's easy to immerse yourself. I'm not trashing those books or fan fiction.

But if you really want to read more, what I suggest is taking some time and working at it, because you CAN immerse yourself, it's just that right now your brain needs a minute to realize the story is BUILDING and you can't expect to be entertained on every page. You need to treat the experience of reading as different, you aren't going to get the same consistent yumminess and drama from every chapter from other books you got from lux in every book, but they offer pleasures and feelings that are different, not less or more just different and still wonderful and IME with more depth

I took a really fun lit class on popular novels, and we read Fifty shades and a bunch of those YA series books and let me tell you getting back into reading "normal" books was HARD. My brain couldn't focus, I got bored, characters felt slow and boring... I thought I was broken too.

I just kept at it, kept reading, make my environment more and more boring, read on the train, don't skip pages, high light, remember that every thing you are reading is part of the story and try to learn to appreciate the small details again and picture what you are being shown, find more pleasure in the words used and not just the image in you are building in your head, have a glass of wine, and try not to compare books because they are very very very different.
Audio books are also great for this.
It's not that these books were BAD, it's that they are written differently. They take more time building the world and the characters, and like going straight from a romantic comedy to The pianist...it's going to take time to build appreciation for what the story is doing.

Keep at it. You'll get there!

There's also of course a chance the books you are trying just don't suit you! The Lord of the Rings books are an amazing piece of literature, I know many who couldn't get through them lol

I find it best to go from smutty teen book -> adult book I know I love -> new book. Like a pallet cleanser.

Learning to appreciate books for what they are, and immersing yourself in various kinds of stories (even slow ones) is great. It gives you more options, more stories, more characters, more authors, and gives you a chance to learn to fall in love with a book that maybe didn't "catch" you right away.

But it takes time. Like drinking scotch :rofl1: takes some getting used to.

You may never pick up russian literature and love it, but I know what the YA rut feels like, and as someone who got out of it...I'm happy I now can enjoy LOTS of books, while still going back to some fun series stuff lol

DJEtzel

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs at work and I'm missing the premier.

NOT happy. My fiancé is there. All of my friends are there. Any I am not. Repeat for tomorrow.

So disappointed with my work situation this year. I've always gotten it off. Thought about walking off the job today (quitting) just so that I could go. Grr. Too bad for that moral compass.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I've never read the Lux series but I think I've seen them at the book store and I've experienced similar experiences after going on a YA novel/Fan fiction BINGE

What you are experiencing is common, I spoke to a local librarian about it, and she explained it to me as... Fan fiction and books like lux (not all YA novels, but many) are built to have treats on every page (not really but I mean the plot has many climaxes) to keep you interested
Think of it as watching an episode of grey's anatomy vs. a movie, one is MEANT to keep you hooked and focused for just 30 minutes (big dramatic scenes, plot devices, pretty imagery, sex etc..) because they want you to watch the other episodes (/other books in the series), it's meant to be consumed quickly and deliciously (they are BUILT to get TEENAGERS into reading. Teenagers consumed by hormones and flighty emotions with no attention spans lol)
and the other is more about the overall experience, like eating a full meal instead of ice cream for dinner.

Sometimes, you do need ice cream for dinner! Feels good, sweet, you need comfort, it's what your brain craves because it's a book that's easy to immerse yourself. I'm not trashing those books or fan fiction.

But if you really want to read more, what I suggest is taking some time and working at it, because you CAN immerse yourself, it's just that right now your brain needs a minute to realize the story is BUILDING and you can't expect to be entertained on every page. You need to treat the experience of reading as different, you aren't going to get the same consistent yumminess and drama from every chapter from other books you got from lux in every book, but they offer pleasures and feelings that are different, not less or more just different and still wonderful and IME with more depth

I took a really fun lit class on popular novels, and we read Fifty shades and a bunch of those YA series books and let me tell you getting back into reading "normal" books was HARD. My brain couldn't focus, I got bored, characters felt slow and boring... I thought I was broken too.

I just kept at it, kept reading, make my environment more and more boring, read on the train, don't skip pages, high light, remember that every thing you are reading is part of the story and try to learn to appreciate the small details again and picture what you are being shown, find more pleasure in the words used and not just the image in you are building in your head, have a glass of wine, and try not to compare books because they are very very very different.
It's not that these books were BAD, it's that they are written differently. They take more time building the world and the characters, and like going straight from a romantic comedy to The pianist...it's going to take time to build appreciation for what the story is doing.

There's also of course a chance the books you are trying just don't suit you! The Lord of the Rings books are an amazing piece of literature, I know many who couldn't get through them lol

I find it best to go from smutty teen book -> adult book I know I love -> new book. Like a pallet cleanser.

Learning to appreciate books for what they are, and immersing yourself in various kinds of stories (even slow ones) is great. It gives you more options, more stories, more characters, more authors, and gives you a chance to learn to fall in love with a book that maybe didn't "catch" you right away.

You may never pick up russian literature and love it, but I know what the YA rut feels like, and as someone who got out of it...I'm happy I now can enjoy LOTS of books, while still going back to some fun series stuff lol
Lol, thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone!! I've just never had any issue reading things, so it's been unsettling.

Anyways, thank you for the knowledge! I'll keep trying :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥

Will you recommend some must read books? I feel like I don't read enough (mostly because I just reread the same books over and over) but I LOVE reading. Reading the above post made me feel like I want to read something you would recommend.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
dammit!!!! I just burned my finger while making dinner. of course it"s my pointer finger on my right hand so I feel useless. it hurts A LOT!!! it blistered almost immediately and if I take the ice off for even a second it"s searing pain. Brian isn't home yet or I'd have him finish dinner,

What can I do for the pain? any home remedies?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
dammit!!!! I just burned my finger while making dinner. of course it"s my pointer finger on my right hand so I feel useless. it hurts A LOT!!! it blistered almost immediately and if I take the ice off for even a second it"s searing pain. Brian isn't home yet or I'd have him finish dinner,

Apparently honey is good on burns? As is vinegar? So says the Navy, anyway. Worth trying!

SoCrafty

I use honey and it seems to work quite well.

Members online

No members online now.