Stephy's midnight musings/updates

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
When someone presents me as doing/saying something in a misleading way that isn't true, and that makes me look bad and dishonest, that IS for me to answer. And it really pisses me off when I've done nothing but try to be helpful and respectful of folks here on chaz in all the years I've been a member here. And when people are sitting around on facebook making up theories and stories about how the dog came into my possession that aren't true, that's for me to answer as well.

And if you go back and read the first post of this thread, it's all her writing thankyous. So how is that remotely controversial?

Stephy hasn't asked people here for money or anything except to take a little time to read and reply to threads which is totally done by choice. If people don't believe her or want to spend their time reading and replying, they have the choice to not click. If people claim to be worried about me (and thank you to those who genuinely are, there are many kind hearted members here <3 ) thank you. You're awesome people.
I read them because they're publicly displayed and I genuinely find them fascinating. And why not?

People have as much right to respond as stephy has to post.

And people have been biting their tongue since the moment she started posting. So really people have been very restrained....

Eta - you aren't uncaring because you don't help EVERYONE. You don't need to be a martyr to have a big heart. You don't stop being nice because you're honest about how you perceive. I was always taught that if you're not getting the response you want you're presenting yourself wrong. This is all so weird.

Eta eta - by weird I mean.... Why the smoke and mirrors? Why the celebrity name and pictures? Stephy didn't exactly join Chaz and chit chat, get to know people then share her situation.. it was like BOOM I'VE ARRIVED, FEEL MY PRESENCE.

If someone wanted MY help, they can have it for free, just ask me. I'd need your real name, contact details and some verification your not a Nigerian scammer and you're good to go.

Stephy has not given anything to the people she's crying to (everyone on chaz).

Eta eta eta!!! Stephy, you could set everyone straight in one post.. please prove people wrong... They will be humble if you do and apologize and probably offer you their last rolo (that might be a UK thing...).

Last edited:
S

SevenSins

And when people are sitting around on facebook making up theories and stories about how the dog came into my possession that aren't true, that's for me to answer as well.
You know as much about how the dog came into your possession as we do. None of us, including you, have any idea if any of the things this person is telling us is true.

Honestly, Romy, I don't think you owe anyone here an explanation for anything you're doing. You're a big girl, as I've said before, you can make your own decisions, and you're doing a huge favor for someone you don't know because you genuinely mean well. I absolutely believe that.

I do, however, think that Stephy owes it to everyone on this forum to actually answer some questions/concerns that have been posed, because many people have become emotionally invested in her stories, in some way or another, regardless of whether we believe them. Some will say, "she doesn't owe anyone a thing, it's none of your business." As far as I'm concerned, it became our collective business when she chose to post what is allegedly her entire life on the internet and sought our attention from nearly the moment she stepped onto this forum, including suicide threats. Well, she got our attention. Here we are. Give us something to work with.

I want to be wrong.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't do facebook so I have no idea what's been going on over there. Romy, I think you've been beyond awesome in this situation to help out someone that you didn't know.

Stephy, no matter what is going on, Kat should be your focus. Sometimes dog's jobs are to be that push in the right direction towards responsibility. When you can't find another driving force just think of reuniting with Katalin once you've made it out of this mess.

Really, whether the Stephy's story is real or not is fast becoming a moot point. In the big picture, does it really matter? Some of you Chazzers have been around long enough to know that some posters come on with a bang of drama, then drift off if the attention is all they're looking for. Online forums are just not the kinds of places to keep up with the constant barrage of "Me-me-me-me". So people either adapt and become functioning members, or they move on to greener pastures.

But meanwhile people take sides and things are said that can't be unsaid. Not worth it.

Jynx

I rarely post when it comes to this type of stuff.

However, my 2 cents. I have no idea if or what steffy posts is true or not. If untrue, shame on her:( If true, the only person that can help her is her.

In the end, whether it's true or not, this person is need of help, professional help.

Twin_Dogs

Ive got a pretty good online BS detector, Stephy doesnt come close to tripping it, Twin Dogs and Dizzy however do.
Last time I checked, I wasnt the one who posted a photo of a celebrity and claiming it to be me. As far as I know, I haven't posted anything THAT cant be verified. Where's the BS? :yikes:

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Ive got a pretty good online BS detector, Stephy doesnt come close to tripping it, Twin Dogs and Dizzy however do.
Seriously, Blue? :rolleyes:

You know, I think the questions are because of CONCERN, not for even more drama. So why don't we keep personal vendettas out of this.

I read them because they're publicly displayed and I genuinely find them fascinating. And why not?

People have as much right to respond as stephy has to post.

And people have been biting their tongue since the moment she started posting. So really people have been very restrained....

Eta - you aren't uncaring because you don't help EVERYONE. You don't need to be a martyr to have a big heart. You don't stop being nice because you're honest about how you perceive. I was always taught that if you're not getting the response you want you're presenting yourself wrong. This is all so weird.

If someone wanted MY help, they can have it for free, just ask me. I'd need your real name, contact details and some verification your not a Nigerian scammer and you're good to go.

I think this is well said. Although I don't know what a last rolo is.

Every thread is becoming formulaic. OP posts a new thread. Skeptics question. White knights defend. Skeptics/white knights continue posting, making broad sweeping generalizations about one another, including righteous character assassinations and admonishments to not read/post about what they don't like (on both sides). Meanwhile, OP disappears from thread. OP starts a new thread as if nothing has happened. And the circle of internet life continues.

When an adult (as far as we know) person perfectly capable of either 1. choosing to not continue posting on a public internet forum or 2. defending herself/taking care of herself (according to the story so far), (ETA: or 3. using the private message system if the public area of the board becomes too hurtful) instead 4. chooses to abandon threads that go south but then continue to post exactly as before... then I'm not so convinced the person is all that fragile and people have a right and a reason to respond to and question what is going on. At a certain point, enough is enough already. People have a right to defend her, too, and yea it feels good to be the supportive, unconditional love person... but it is possible to do so without vilifying the skeptics.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I think it's asinine to say that if we don't reply with something deemed "positive" to Stephy's thread it means we're unkind or not caring.

It's completely the opposite, actually.

I think the most harmful behavior was shown in Stephy's thread about prostitution. She posted in DETAIL exactly WHERE she was, the NAME she was using, and the amount she was charging. NONE of this information was edited by a mod. ANY creep could have been following along in her thread. If Stephy really WAS selling herself, that thread could've been VERY dangerous.

So bravo, moderators. For being so concerned about Stephy's wellbeing and mental health, you sure didn't care about her possibly being raped or killed that night.

Feeding into Stephy's never ending threads with snippets of some TERRIBLE advice (i.e. telling her to stay strong while prostituting herself) is NOT helpful. Stephy has made it perfectly clear that she's not doing anything about her situation for at least a few weeks.

Twin_Dogs

I think it's asinine to say that if we don't reply with something deemed "positive" to Stephy's thread it means we're unkind or not caring.

I think the most harmful behavior was shown in Stephy's thread about prostitution. She posted in DETAIL exactly WHERE she was, the NAME she was using, and the amount she was charging. NONE of this information was edited by a mod. ANY creep could have been following along in her thread. If Stephy really WAS selling herself, that thread could've been VERY dangerous.

So bravo, moderators. For being so concerned about Stephy's wellbeing and mental health, you sure didn't care about her possibly being raped or killed that night.
I questioned this exact same thing on that very thread. How was one allowed to advertised her prostitution gig on a dog forum is beyond me. That was NOT a cry for help, it was pretty much advertisement.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I think you might want to get your meter checked, what exactly have those two strung together in an attempt to convince others?

Feeding into Stephy's never ending threads with snippets of some TERRIBLE advice (i.e. telling her to stay strong while prostituting herself) is NOT helpful. Stephy has made it perfectly clear that she's not doing anything about her situation for at least a few weeks.
This.

I don't know that I will ever truly get over how horribly ignorant, dangerous, and offensive that thread was with all of its support for the act as if it's female empowering and a job that is totally not of concern. I shudder at the young girl googling and finding that thread if those who'd spoken out hadn't. Ya know, by not being positive and supportive.

I think you might want to get your meter checked, what exactly have those two strung together in an attempt to convince others?

This.

I don't know that I will ever truly get over how horribly ignorant, dangerous, and offensive that thread was with all of its support for the act as if it's female empowering and a job that is totally not of concern. I shudder at the young girl googling and finding that thread if those who'd spoken out hadn't. Ya know, by not being positive and supportive.
BOOM! Adrianne is dropping truth bombs today too :)

along with Sass, Jessie, and Jules

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream

I have stayed out of these threads beyond being a reader, and taking it all in--not making snap judgements and recognizing that there are some things that have to go the route they go--no matter the amount of advice or concern. I have concern for Stephy's well-being.

But I do take issue with your comment about the moderators--I know, big surprise, right? Here's the thing...you are lumping everyone into one category--you have NO idea what people are thinking or not. You have NO idea what people may have been doing with this information. You once again have jumped to conclusions. Moderating is a fine line. Clearly it's not a popularity contest to do what the "crowd" wants--but takes the ability to weigh all the factors, whether or not one agrees with the actual subject matter. Objectivity is critical--not subjectivity which seems to be the general consensus as to how things should go. If that were the case...many members would not be here.

carry on.....

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I have stayed out of these threads beyond being a reader, and taking it all in--not making snap judgements and recognizing that there are some things that have to go the route they go--no matter the amount of advice or concern. I have concern for Stephy's well-being.

But I do take issue with your comment about the moderators--I know, big surprise, right? Here's the thing...you are lumping everyone into one category--you have NO idea what people are thinking or not. You have NO idea what people may have been doing with this information. You once again have jumped to conclusions. Moderating is a fine line. Clearly it's not a popularity contest to do what the "crowd" wants--but takes the ability to weigh all the factors, whether or not one agrees with the actual subject matter. Objectivity is critical--not subjectivity which seems to be the general consensus as to how things should go. If that were the case...many members would not be here.

carry on.....
For being so quick to moderate anything I write about a certain collar company (wham, bam, I post it, you "moderate it" and send me a PM warning), I find it insane that such personal, dangerous information was left up on the forum.

Stephy wrote in DETAIL to the exact BLOCK and STREET that she was prostituting herself at. She put her call name and the TIMES she was doing it. It's not about being a "popularity contest" to do what the crowd wants. It's about keeping a so-called "cared" about forum member SAFE.

What good was it doing to leave that information up for everyone to see?

The thread wasn't removed until DAYS after she posted it. THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people saw that thread (as it blew up) and anyone could've shown up to hurt her.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
For being so quick to moderate anything I write about a certain collar company (wham, bam, I post it, you "moderate it" and send me a PM warning), I find it insane that such personal, dangerous information was left up on the forum.

Stephy wrote in DETAIL to the exact BLOCK and STREET that she was prostituting herself at. She put her call name and the TIMES she was doing it. It's not about being a "popularity contest" to do what the crowd wants. It's about keeping a so-called "cared" about forum member SAFE.

What good was it doing to leave that information up for everyone to see?

The thread wasn't removed until DAYS after she posted it. THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people saw that thread (as it blew up) and anyone could've shown up to hurt her.
we can tango again if you'd like Jessie--I don't really feel the need to--just quick to moderate where there is history.
This is a different discussion. I am pointing out a comment re:moderation here -- as I said--you have no idea what may or may not be going on.

Miakoda

Funny how differences in perception work, Doberluv; I was under the impression that she's a catty, petty individual who makes broad-sweeping judgements about certain types of people, tries too hard to portray herself as eccentric because she thrives on negative attention and pity, wants everything practically handed to her, and believes she's above most of us "regular" people.

Hiding all of that behind a veil of poetry doesn't make someone a "gentle soul," it makes them manipulative.

Short and sweet.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
we can tango again if you'd like Jessie--I don't really feel the need to--just quick to moderate where there is history.
This is a different discussion. I am pointing out a comment re:moderation here -- as I said--you have no idea what may or may not be going on.
Unless it was a sting operation for prostitution, there was no reason to leave Stephy's DETAILED information on WHERE and WHEN she was selling herself.

Really, you mean to tell me that it was necessary to leave that information out there? I'm purely talking about the information that she gave. IF she was telling the truth, ANYONE could've found her with that information. She had her prices, the block she was working, and her prostitution name listed. It was basically an ad saying "come find me," and it STAYED UP on these forums long after she decided to call it quits.

Members online