do men prefer girl dogs/women prefer boy dogs?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
It happens to be that every animal in my household is female. (2 cats, 2 dogs, and a rabbit.) I don't have a preference, but it would be nice to get some testonerone in here.

Kase

I don't think I have a preference but I've only had Casey and she is as sweet as can be. I do prefer male cats though, my boys are so adorable and all the female cats I know tend to be a little withdrawn, hmm maybe thats not the right word.

tinies12

I like my females but would love to have a male one day. Nope not know but in the future

Erica

I have a female and a male dog.... CoCoa's a manipulative little hobiscuit, but I think that's more her personality and breed mix more than her gender. She's very cuddly if you ask her to, but she's also a manipulative whiner.
Rien's independently clingy. He's not a velcro dog, but he's a "I will be in the same room with you at all times if I can" dog. He usually is laying down within three feet of me, but not touching me if he knows I'm busy. If I'm not busy, it's a completely different story. He's not a really big cuddler unless he's asked, but he is very big on touching me in some way at all times if he's allowed to. He usually takes it upon himself to just lay on my feet. I definitely agree with whoever said that females love you and males are IN love with you.
I prefer males, definitely.
I've never had a male cat, but I've always wanted to. My experience with shelter cats leads me to believe that males are just more mushy. I'd love a big black boy kittie someday along the line.

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
I prefer males. All the male cats i've had have been very friendly and playful. The girl cat i had was very aloof, and most of my friends have the same issue with their girl cats.

As for dogs... i don't really have a reason. I just like 'em. However, since i've posted on here, i would give a female dog a chance that i wouldn't have before. Since all my animals are only pets, she would be fixed, so i wouldn't have to "deal with" heats.

I love my girls or neutered males as buddies .
My intact males have thier shining moments and of course as a breeder.
I need good breeding males but as a working dog owner / pet owner god i prefer fixed males...

If I want to watch tv and cry my females never leave my side, if i go riding for the day they never leave my trail. My males get distracted so much much more.

My hubby i think loves our big males why u know men thing size matters ? :)
But it is our girls that i bond with closer.

BostonBanker

I definitely prefer female dogs. It started out as "I don't want a male dog marking everything inside the barn", but has evolved. If I added a second dog right now, I would have to consider a male, though. In her behaviors towards other dogs, Meg is everything you would expect of an adult female.

With cats, I've only ever owned a male, and although I don't think I will ever own another cat, I don't think I'd care about the gender.

Horses? Boys all the way. Mares drive me crazy:p

skyeboxer

I haven't read the whole thread so excuse me all to pieces if I repeat anyone's sentiments here but I've had both male and female (ahem). My boy Max - I was his sun and moon.

Now my girl Skye, I am her late night cuddle and her constant friend. There is not the same obsessivness about the way Skye is. I'm there, that's cool, all is right with the world. But Max followed me room to room and snuffled in my shoes, knickers, socks... he was a GSD though and it may have been more breed than gender.

Cats... Lili could flip her tail at the lot of us and sashay off into the night. She graces me by leaning against my leg oh ...every now and then. Jerry, I have to pry him off me or the kids with a pitchfork and as I am writing this he is trying to help by batting the keyboard. When I go to bed tonight he'll wait about half an hour and then tromp all over the bedclothes, purring like a maniac and sticking his nose in places it is really not welcome.

Lili perches on the very end of the bed clinging on by her claws. You only know she's there because Miss Midnight chirrups when you get up at 3am to go for a pee.

So boys or girls... no preference but with all the female hormone in this house, I think Jerry needs some support. Next one is a boy.

There is a saying that I hear that pretty much sums it up. "The girls love you, but the males are in love with you. " That's how it's been around here anyway.
There's another one, something like "Boys think you hung the moon and girls think you hung it for them."

I'm female, and I prefer bitches.

elegy

overdogged
I definitely prefer female dogs. It started out as "I don't want a male dog marking everything inside the barn", but has evolved.
this makes me giggle because i have to watch luce more closely than mushroom when it comes to marking. she's way more likely to mark things in, say, a petstore than he is :rolleyes:

i don't really have a strong preference. i just want a bold, drivey, intelligent, intense, affectionate dog.

TopShelfPets

Thread Killer
There's another one, something like "Boys think you hung the moon and girls think you hung it for them."

I'm female, and I prefer bitches.
Maybe that's why i love my dog so much. No matter how frustrated i get with him, no matter how much i make him stay or sit or wait to do what he wants, he still worships me -- even when i don't have the treat pouch!

BostonBanker

this makes me giggle because i have to watch luce more closely than mushroom when it comes to marking. she's way more likely to mark things in, say, a petstore than he is
But does she mark up high like a male? I've known females who mark, but everything usually ends up on the ground, or at least very low.

After watching someone's male dog pee all over a $3500 saddle at the barn a week or two ago, I'm even less thrilled about marking in the barn - a $5 bale of hay is bad enough!

ACooper

I am female, and anytime I have had a choice between the two I go with a male. In my experience they tend to be more affectionate, and eager to please. That is not saying that the females I have had have not been affectionate or pleasing, just not to the degree of my males.

At this moment we have one of each, and Orson is by far more affectionate and clingy than Phoebe.

Nearly all of my animals have come from rescue situations and have not been a choice of male/female,(including the two we have now) but there have been mostly males in my life.

Also, I have never had a problem of marking with any dog :)

I would like to add that if I were ever to get a tiny breed, I would like a female to dress up all froo froo in bows and pink clothes, :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.