Help! I want to figure out what breed my puppy is...

L

LabBreeder

BMPowers said:
Her mom was about 45 pounds I would guess...

You really think she'll be much smaller than that? Hmmm.

At 6 months, most dogs are about 80% grown, right?

not necessarily...dogs grow til almost 2 yrs. of age. my female lab weighed right at 50 lbs at 6 months and by 8 months she was 12 lbs heavier...she's topped out at 70 lbs.

Vivien

She will still be the same dog....size does not play that big a role-why do you want to know everything so exactly?-just wondering

L

LabBreeder

personally, i hope this person isn't so concerned about size and breed that they end up putting the pup in the shelter cause it's to big, to small or not the mixing they wanted.

One thing that will give you a clue is if you'll look around the neighborhood she's from and see what kind of dogs are running about . . .

I think she's absolutely lovely. Nice, gentle, alert German Shepherd-y face and ears, and lovely tight feet! She could get those shortened legs from all sorts of places, Corgi mix comes to mind, although not many Corgis are running at large . . . even a Beagle in the mix somewhere could give you shorter legs and you'd still get a longer body from one of the bigger dogs in the gene pool . . .

Members online

No members online now.