Raw feeding FAQ

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Vaccinations in puppies and older dogs are a huge problem... one-time vaccinations are good for life immunity and frequent (many really bad allopathic vets still actually vaccinate yearly!) vaccinations are a major cause of illness and disease, often terminal.
Sure, but illness and disease do not equal behavior problems. I was told that behavior problems like the ones I was experiencing (overstimulated, extreme reactivity) in my puppy (vaccinated once at 8 weeks at that point) were never seen in unvaccinated dogs. This is a rather extraordinary claim that requires evidence, I have a hard time believing that my dog would have been totally normal if I had skipped that first round of puppy shots.

Wellness Core is an OK kibble, the rest that have grains are not.

The six Wellness Core canned formulas are among the best wet foods.
Roger Biduk
Yeah, Wellness Core is not ten years old. Ten years ago, just plain old Wellness was the best kibble anyone could recommend, which was my entire point. Kibble has gotten a lot better. My dogs eat Orijen and Acana now, those were not available a decade ago. At this point I don't think Wellness even makes anything Brisbane can eat.

Allergies are most often caused by diet, especially kibble.
Have I mentioned my rawfed dog with all the allergies? Prey-model raw from early puppyhood? Wide variety of high-quality protein sources? Allergic to poultry, eggs, and pollen?

Sure, but illness and disease do not equal behavior problems. I was told that behavior problems like the ones I was experiencing (overstimulated, extreme reactivity) in my puppy (vaccinated once at 8 weeks at that point) were never seen in unvaccinated dogs. This is a rather extraordinary claim that requires evidence, I have a hard time believing that my dog would have been totally normal if I had skipped that first round of puppy shots.

Yeah, Wellness Core is not ten years old. Ten years ago, just plain old Wellness was the best kibble anyone could recommend, which was my entire point. Kibble has gotten a lot better. My dogs eat Orijen and Acana now, those were not available a decade ago. At this point I don't think Wellness even makes anything Brisbane can eat.

Have I mentioned my rawfed dog with all the allergies? Prey-model raw from early puppyhood? Wide variety of high-quality protein sources? Allergic to poultry, eggs, and pollen?
Have you taken Brisbane to a good holistic / integrative vet?

Of all the good vets I know of... and I know loads... none would even think of vaccinating at 8 weeks...maternal antibodies offer protection for a good 16 weeks.

As Dr. Peter Dobias says "Early vaccination often neutralizes or blocks the maternal immunity. Vaccine simply locks the antibodies and puts them “out of commission [leaving the puppy unprotected]”... I've seen and heard of huge lifelong problems with dogs that have been vaccinated at an early age.

I don't vaccinate my pets anymore and simply let them produce their own natural antibodies which they keep for a lifetme... I've never had healthier cats /dogs who now pass away at ages I never thought possible without stepping into a vet's office except once in their lives for neutering.
Roger Biduk

Good vets in CA

I know the workings of around 100 vets in CA, you can see them on my Pinterest page or website... let me know if you'd like the names of a few good ones near you.
Roger Biduk

Paviche

Duuuuude.

Members online

No members online now.