Czechoslovakian Vlcak

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Does anyone have any experience with these dogs? I know they're very rare in many places, but even though I've never met one, I've kind of fallen in love with what I've seen and read about them.
I emailed the only (well known) breeder in the US asking about them, but she even says on her page she generally only responds to emails once a month. I was hoping some Chazzers might have experience and could offer some experience and info. c:

Kootenay

Does anyone have any experience with these dogs? I know they're very rare in many places, but even though I've never met one, I've kind of fallen in love with what I've seen and read about them.
I emailed the only (well known) breeder in the US asking about them, but she even says on her page she generally only responds to emails once a month. I was hoping some Chazzers might have experience and could offer some experience and info. c:
I looked into them a LOT before I got Yarrow. I'm sure you have done lots of reading but they can be extremely challenging dogs. Definitely not for everyone. I ended up choosing Yarrow's "breed" (ANCD) instead, for various reasons. I think CSVs can be really cool dogs in the right hands, but you'd want to make sure you do your research on both the breed and the lines you'd be getting the dog from.

I would suggest joining this forum http://www.wolfdog.org/site/ there are tons of owners on there and just reading through would be very educational, or you could post any specific questions that you might have.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thanks! Jade is friends with the breeder I emailed. I hope she doesn't mind if I message her.
Finding real info (not just generic dog breed info junk) is really hard.
Most of the links on the US breed club page don't work, either. :/

I know near nothing about the breed, but feel your pain! Even after getting Enda I found out there was a LOT that no breeder or owner had informed me about before, it's kind of sad really. I mean for the more popular breeds I guess sooner or later you'll have someone mention or tell you about every little tiny detail of the breed, but the rarer they are, the less anyone seems to want to be open enough? Honestly I've thought about posting a "so you want a Beauceron?" breed bash (in good humor) video up on Youtube, you should see what she's been doing to my backyard with her ball! She isn't a "digger" by nature, but she sure has made a mess anyhow, no one informed me that they are usually crazy ball obsessive.

Kootenay

Thanks! Jade is friends with the breeder I emailed. I hope she doesn't mind if I message her.
Finding real info (not just generic dog breed info junk) is really hard.
Most of the links on the US breed club page don't work, either. :/
The forum that I linked to is an awesome resource for everything - good bad and ugly. There are tons of owners on there and they are all very happy to share their experiences (and pretty open about the downsides of the breed, too).

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I know this is a month old, but I just got back from an Open Show in Virginia and spoke with the owner of one of these. Her female is 7 months old and from a breeder that recently moved from the east coast to Colorado.

What she said about the breed is that they are very aloof, but she was determined to socialize her dog so that her dog would welcome the judge's examination. And she had done an excellent job. The dog was very goofy in the ring during the show, but at 7 months old it's to be expected.

There was a 4 month old Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen (not the PBGV the bigger one) in the ring who was really not interested in doing anything but wagging and playing.

Members online

No members online now.