Well I just don't know!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
As Saje said I went to the vets today to ask him what was going on!! And he was just about to go out on his large animal rounds so not the most receptive time to catch him! :rolleyes: (There's no small aninmal sugery on saturday morning) He said that in his opinion and without seeing her that she was going through a Phantom preganacy! She is still bleeding a little bit so I asked him about this and he said it was very rare for Cats to bleed when in season but not totally unheard of! I asked him what I should do then, and he did his arrogant French Man shrug which means, ok my interest in this subject is waning!! So i asked him again what I should do!! And he said just to keep an eye on her and if she's still bleeding Monday to take her in!

She is perfectly happy and has eaten well today! She's spent most of the day lounging in the Garden sunning herself. And she got stung by a bee!! :( But the swelling is going down now!! *Phew*

So it's just the waiting game for me this weekend!! :(

I'm quite dissapointed actually, I was getting used to the idea of having little ones around!!! *sigh* As long as Katelina is ok though is the main thing!! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear the sound of little itty bitty kitty feet won't be coming. I hope Katelina made it through that nasty bee sting ok. Give Katelina kitty meows and kisses from Tiny and Bear. CJ loves cats so I know she will definitely send doggie hugs & kisses. Keep us updated on how Katelina is doing. (Forgot to say that vet sounds like some doctors I've been to.)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Barb04 said:
Sorry to hear the sound of little itty bitty kitty feet won't be coming. I hope Katelina made it through that nasty bee sting ok. Give Katelina kitty meows and kisses from Tiny and Bear. CJ loves cats so I know she will definitely send doggie hugs & kisses.QUOTE]

Thanks Barb!! Yeah, the swelling from the sting has gone right down now, i've checked and there's not a stinger in it!! Well they always do it the once don't they!! They don't get stung twice!! Lol! :D

Katelina (Lili) thanks Tiny and Bear and CJ for the kisses and hugs :eek: !!

Don't get me wrong he's a very very good vet, it's just that Cat's don't rank very high on the priority list here! They think i'm over sentimental with my pets! They actually find it quite amusing!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
tho it is sad you were looking forward to your babes, it is probably best for her that she isn't. Having kittens is hard on cats..physically. Are you going to have her fixed? maybe you can adopt her a baby so her phantom preg would be a success..(and a happy one for the kitten too) :)

gapeach

Big Mutts
AAww , I like Smkie's idea. Are most people there not sentimental of their pets? :(

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I'm gonig to make an appointment on Monday to have her fixed Smkie!!! I don't know how Gus would cope with another cat!! She torments him constantly as it is!! Lol! :D I'll have a serious think about getting another cat!

And not really Gapeach! This is a rural farming community, cattle and sheep and of course they aren't pets! Cat's are everywhere here, people encourage them to breed on the farms because the catch Rats etc. So if one gets killed they are very nonchalant(sp?) about it as there will be another litter next year so the cat numbers will always be about the same!!
Dogs however are a totally different thing!!! There are two catagories here 1) are the Working collies, Hunting dogs, Guard dogs (it is legal here for a dog to bite a trespasser here!), and search and Rescue hounds. These are prized above anything else and are treated like royalty!! 2) And then you have your pet dogs which are always groomed to within one inch of their lives, never get dirty and hardly ever venture outside without being tucked under an arm or put in a bag!! :rolleyes: lol.

Vickih

Gustav said:
2) And then you have your pet dogs which are always groomed to within one inch of their lives, never get dirty and hardly ever venture outside without being tucked under an arm or put in a bag!! :rolleyes: lol.
Can just imagine you trying to carry a bag with Gus inside!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
gapeach said:
Sounds like the dogs have a lot better life than the kitties :(
True!! They aren't cruel to the kitties, they just don't care about them that much!

And Darkchild that's why I was laughing! Gus is over 66 Lbs! Couldn't carry him for long if I tried!! Lol! :D

gapeach

Big Mutts
I sometimes wonder what I would do (Lord forbid) something should happen to Carey, b/c I can't pick her up. I guess I would have to have one of those adrenaline rushes! Or slide a blanket under and drag her.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Carey prob wieghs close to 90 lbs. When she won't get in bathtub I have to pick up front legs put them in then pick up her butt and she helps jump in.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Everyone always asks me where I bathe her and then they don't believe me. Yeah I have to clean bathroom after (it's Maggie's tub) but I just spray it down with cleaner while it's still wet and then spray with the shower head

gapeach

Big Mutts
He shake all over, jump out of tub? :D We taught Carey to shake with shower curtain pulled in front of her (but she'll only do it once. Then she stays in tub until I dry her some. She adores getting blowdried but mine is broken.

Staff online

Members online