Tricks and Training

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
LOL - oh my goodness. Playing the piano is completely adorable.

I wanted to buy one of those kid mini ones at one point for Jackson but again, something I never got around to.

These are a majority of Jackson's tricks, from last April. There's been a few since then that aren't included. But most are there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9F-V6hWUg
OK I am only on page 6 at the moment, but OMG this video has got to be the cutest video I have EVER seen. He is simply adorable. I awwed and laughed so much I cried. Just simply adorable.
And when he laid his head on the fireplace, had the bottle cap on his head, and took your socks off I almost died, so much cute I can barely stand it.

PS- I watched the video 4 times before I could even stop awwing LOL Don't judge :p

SaraB

Go Didgie!! I need to tough it out and teach Zinga that one... I might be minus a nose afterwards.

Kastle's reverse leg weaves look great!

Working on Boone's Piggyback!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w5-gFOZPP8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like how the second he lands your shoulder go up to your ears in pain. Brilliant idea to teach this, just brilliant. Try having him perch on your face next.

I love him and I love you and you're doing great even if you're stupid to do it.

I like how the second he lands your shoulder go up to your ears in pain. Brilliant idea to teach this, just brilliant. Try having him perch on your face next.

I love him and I love you and you're doing great even if you're stupid to do it.
Says the girl that wants me to try a foot stall with him........... I figured out your plan, though. You want me to get my ankle broken so I'll be stuck in IL.

SaraB

Ok, that video seriously makes me cringe a bit. Doesn't he dig in with his nails?! Also, I absolutely love that you have a back stall where you don't have to bend over. I'm with Linds on this one, teach him to do a face stall next.

Ok, that video seriously makes me cringe a bit. Doesn't he dig in with his nails?! Also, I absolutely love that you have a back stall where you don't have to bend over. I'm with Linds on this one, teach him to do a face stall next.
Not anymore. The learning process was....painful. But now that he's got it figured out, he doesn't dig in unless he's getting tired. It is still 65lbs on four small points on my shoulders. lol But it's really not as bad as it looks. Mostly I lifted my shoulders because I was tired and it was harder to keep steady for him, so I was tensing up.

Sekah

The Monster.
I have a question about favourite, easy to teach tricks that I wanted to crowd source a little.

I've been asked to write for a local dog newspaper. My column is about trick training. The challenge is to have a trick that I can teach in less than 500 words, and ideally something that readers should be able to accomplish without too much trouble. Most tricks will probably be taught via luring since it's not likely that much of our readership will have any experience shaping. I think I'll probably start off slow, but if/when the column gains some momentum I may be able to increase the difficulty a bit. The paper is published quarterly, so that's 4 tricks a year.

The first column was about teaching a beg/sit pretty.
The next may be a back up or a spin. (Back up is more challenging, spin may be too easy.)
Eventually I want to touch on shaping a retrieve, but that'd need more than 500 words.
Any neat ideas for tricks that are not too difficult to teach but fun and maybe a little different?

Sekah

The Monster.
Double posting to link a video of Cohen retrieving small change.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B1ziVLmSn8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taqroy

Somehow Mu's limp trick has morphed into: flail my leg frantically and hop up and down until she treats me. It's rather amusing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qX6Vf6hI8_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok, you need to get her to do that with both legs and call it Chicken Wings!

I can't stop laughing at her, that completely made my night.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG, I can't stop laughing. Hilarious!

I guess I'm starting perch work with Pepper, ha. What's funny is how many times she offers me a head turn to the left in this video... at least I think she's offering a look left and not just checking to see if I chucked a cookie that direction.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZxTxKXaP7II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Members online

No members online now.