Auggie videos from this weekend

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Here's the link:
YouTube - AKC Agility Indy January 2011

Pretty happy with our runs overall even though we only Q'd 2/4. His times (YPS) were good each run including the NQ runs. Not where I really want them and definitely not as fast as he can be, but it's a definite improvement over a year ago.

His jumping was terrible in our first run but it started to improve through the next three runs. I can't say I'm surprised since we haven't been able to do hardly any practice. I got in a few days worth between finding out we were going to be in the trial and then getting just enough slick snow on the ground that he actually slipped and faceplanted - hard - Monday. Tuesday I took him to the chiropractor and he was out of alignment in his shoulder, elbow, and wrist, which he isn't usually... and she said even his jaw was a little out of alignment. So no more practice for us after that because there was just enough snow on the ground to make it slick and I wasn't going to risk him getting hurt. Also no more trials until Louisville in March so hopefully we'll get enough of a thaw I can work with him and improve his jumping plenty before then.
Also, I don't own a triple, and I need one. The triple in the standard run Sunday I knew was going to be a problem for him based on the angle AND the fact that the a-frame was right there like "hellooo, come run up me!!" and it turned out to be a problem for both his brother AND his dad too, so I'm not really surprised by that one - but the triple on Saturday shouldn't really have happened, and if I owned one and we were able to practice with it, I would have had a Q that day. But oh well. I can't do anything about it now except to build myself a triple and get to work.

I was sort of surprised Sunday when he decided to off-course to the a-frame instead of taking the dog walk. He used to love the a-frame, but we had an issue one time where a judge, wearing clothing that AKC highly recommends they do not wear, was standing RIGHT in his way by the a-frame and he refused it... and then developed buggies with the a-frame and refused it for multiple trials after that. So I was actually kind of glad to see him off-course to it. I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth. I started laughing and telling him he was so bad, and when I brought him back and he tried to off-course it again I wanted to crack up hysterically. It was just so funny to me. And I know there are people out there who DIE when that stuff happens and get SOOOO mad at their dogs, and there I was going "You are SO bad, you bratface, bad bad bad," and laughing. I know a lot of people were laughing at me but I'm sure there were people who were horrified that I was so amused by it all.

But the truth of it is that every time he does something like that - or like he did in Glen Carbon where he blew his down contact on the dog walk - I can't do anything but laugh, because it symbolizes a return to the dog he used to be. As long as he is running with joy, I can't be angry. We've been through too much and worked too hard to get him to start returning to that joyful dog that every sign I get that he is developing into the dog I want him to be, even if it's "bad," even if it costs us Q's, is a reason for ME to be joyful too, ribbons be damned.

And even if it takes us five years to snag the QQ's we need for a PAX - or even if we never manage it - if I can't get us there with smiles on our faces and joy in our hearts, then it's just not worth it.

Congratulations! You guys looked great; I love your attitude! And aaaahhhh Auggie has the cutest jumps I've ever seen EVER. The little slow down wind up before he springs over slays me every time.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
He is absolutely the cutest thing! He's like a little grasshopper over those jumps - he's got springs for legs!

LOL! I died laughing too when he went back twice for the A-frame! he was like "No! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

He is super duper cute jumping those jumps!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The little slow down wind up before he springs over slays me every time.
That's actually the poor jumping that I have to fix. He panics, trying to buy time to figure out what height the jump is set at, and then just launches himself desperately hoping he'll make it. There are times he takes a jump smooth with no slow-down, no stutter-stepping, and no desperate launch, just runs up to it and hops over smoothly, and that's how he should be jumping.

DogKisses said:
LOL! I died laughing too when he went back twice for the A-frame! he was like "No! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
That's EXACTLY what he was like, LOL. And when I tried to bring him back to me he barked in my face, like "BUT I WANNA!!" Brat!

Members online

No members online now.