My first dog- breed guesses

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
First of all, sorry about the quality, but these were the only pics I could find of him. My scanner is horrible, hence the lines across the pics...

Anyways, this is my childhood dog- the first pet I had. His name was Shack. He had to be put down at the age of 12 due to severe HD (He'd had two surgeries on his left hip). He was a wonderful dog, great around children. He was highly protective of his yard, yet terrified of thunder storms. He loved to play with our lab in the water and it was hard to keep him away from it.

As for breed, his mom was my mom's co-workers dog, and she was a purebred. I think that breed is very obvious in him, but the dad was unknown. We have a pretty good guess, but I wanted to see if everyone else agreed with me. He was about 75 lbs. These are at various stages of his life.

(note the squirrel)

I think he was a puppy here.

MORE

GSD/Golden. Especially since three out of four of the goldens my family has owned were afraid of thunderstorms.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That's what we thought as well. :)

But, according to the man who was trying to get rid of him, both parents were German Shepherds.... um... yeah right. As a pup he looked mostly German Shepherd so I think he thought he could get rid of the pups faster if they were 'purebred'. I've asked around and most people seem to think either golden or collie (which surprised me). But I'm going to lean towards the golden mainly because of the ears and the tail.

And it's interesting about thunder storms. He'd go crazy during them.

Members online

No members online now.