the daily sketch

RD

Are you dead yet?
Nothing outstanding (lol, the art fairy never blessed me) just a really quick doodle I started of Renee's Shiva. I just want to see this thread active again - I love seeing everyone's work. :)

Sorry for the bad pic quality. My cell phone camera sucks. If I finish it I'll pull out the D70 and get a pic that shows the detail.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
She is going to be so pleased!! I knew who it was before i read your post which means you caught the dog's essense just right. Not that it was a fila but that it was Shiva. CAn't wait to see your finished! CAn't wait for her to see your drawing too.:D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Bleh! I screwed it up as usual. :rolleyes: The eyes wound up sucking (I placed them wrong to begin with) and I think they're what make Shiva so distinctive.

In any case here's another pic of it. Still planning on finishing it (I take forever to actually *finish* a drawing. I'll do a tiny bit and then lose focus. :rolleyes: ) Sorry the pic is blurry, I had to take it inside at night. I'd scan but my scanner makes every black line pop out, it boosts the contrast up way too high.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ahh. lol, thanks. :eek: I really wish I'd put effort into it in the beginning (it just started out as a little doodle) it'd look so much better if I started over but I'm afraid I'd never finish if I keep trying for perfection. :rolleyes: I haven't drawn in a long time, I guess anything I do is going to be sloppy for a while.

Snark

Mutts to you
I guess this qualifies as a sketch, nothing great... I was sitting in the doctor's office, waiting... and waiting... and waiting... (about 1/2 hour past when my appointment was supposed to be). Good thing I brought something to do. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that's a nice sketch..ok you have motivated me......i made this as a new year's resolution a year ago, and i didn't follow through. Tomorrow i will try to regain the desire i had to just sketch, it for me is so pleasurable to draw off the top of my head. I miss that. Somehow the day just slips away and the opportunity gone. I love that worried expression.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, I totally blew that drawing, Aus. :( I got sooo frustrated and put it up for a while. Might try working on it again though, soon.

In the meantime here's the rough start of my very first freehand photoshop drawing. Don't laugh! :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
oooh my who would laff, that is just lovely!!!!!!!! do more do more:D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Worked a little more on it... It's just going to be a quick sketch instead of a detailed drawing - I don't have the patience to go back and correct all the mistakes I've made. *sigh*

Saje

Island dweller
omg i didn't know you had that kind of skill! What flaws! I'm not artist but I could stare at that for awhile.

RD

Are you dead yet?
lol what flaws? You'll see them better in this one.

I'm hating this but I'm determined to finish it just so I can say I've done a freehand "painting" in photoshop.

Edited to add what I've done since that file was saved this afternoon. Bleh, still need to do so much on it. :(

Last edited:

~Tucker&Me~

Wow, I'm impressed!

I have no artistic ability, LOL.

I suppose I can be president of the Artistically Impaired Club!

*Wears Badge*

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.