the daily sketch

roughcollies

Collie lover
smkie said:
Kelly says when she has Lady out she gets all this attention from all these old men...Coonhounds have quite the appeal;) especially pretty ones like lady. I have been wanting to draw Lady for sometime now but it is so far down on the list of what i want to do vs what has to be done i dont' know if i will ever get there.:(
LOL, I know the feeling.

Do you happen to have any pics of Lady?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had one pic and it wasn't very good but thanks to u i got to fussing with it in photoshop. I didn't know it was savable! Here is lady http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=8494&cat=500
kelly and her daughter met Lady at the home show where the animal shelter had dogs hoping to find new families. I think it was love at first sight for both Gil and her mama. lady is truly a ladylooking dog.:) They filled out the application and very shortly after that she came home to her new family.

L

LabBreeder

just so ya know...it's a combination of pencil drawing, scanned to computer, then painted with paint shop.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Awesome!!!!! has a tapestry look to it, i really really like the technique:) and have always loved the subject:D

I'm constantly amazed at what a good eye so many of you have - you're able to capture single moments and transfer them to paper or screen and communicate so much that way . . . While I must do it the slow way, with words, which are never as immediate and accurate as pictures . . . .

RD

Are you dead yet?
nothing special, just the VERY rough start of a sketch I was doing of Dakota. If I ever finish it/if it turns out, I'll post the end result. :)

L

LabBreeder

it's kinda light on my screen...but what i can see :) it looks very good. i like the eyes and nose especially.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
looking FINE

YOu have caught great expression in the eyes, and the muzzle looks well positioned. Your well on your way!!!!!:)

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm sorry it's so light. My scanner is horrible.

Ah well, I think I've ruined it already. lol. The fur looks terrible.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Fur is a bite to learn..i always think i have ruined everything when i am at the half way stage..seldom am i right, just impatient. Follow the shadows on fur, look only for the creases and parts to shade the darkest. Always keep your lines going the way the fur grows. That is all there is to it..that and lots of time:rolleyes: If you have an area you don't want to look like lines like the tissue of the nose or the surface of the eye, have your pencil go in little cirlces lightly at first and build up to your darkest area. That is what i do..for tongues and teeth too.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm I guess I just need more practice with fur. I definitely officially ruined this drawing but I'll finish it anyway just for practice's sake.

But for now, I'm starting over. lol. I might try painting it this time. I feel like doing something with color.

Dani

Ninja Dog
Ok.... I am a NOTORIOUSLY bad drawer. I just don't do that well when it comes to art, lol. But here's a drawing that a did of Oki a few days ago. It's not half-bad in my case, lol.

[/IMG]

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think he has a marvelous sense of humour so happy he made me happy just to look at him. Are you going to stop there or take it further? I think it is well worth taking further myself! He looks to me like he is saying I am up for fun are u? I think he would look awesome in color. Strong color. you can draw just fine;) I think:)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Okies, here's what I have now. I know I totally ruined it with the eyes and the fur. Bleck. BUT it's the first drawing I've done of Dakota that even looks remotely like him, so I gotta share. LOL. I'd like to fix a few things (finish the shading, round off the eyes etc) and actually finish it if I get the chance.

ok seeing ur pic that u did when u were ten i hope i become as good as you, mine arnt very good but i will post some later, lol plez dont laugh

Members online

No members online now.