You... probably shouldn't be doing that

JacksonsMom

Oh god people would probably be horrified of Jackson's table manners.... it's one thing we've never perfected. He got groomed on Saturday and ran straight into the house, full speed, leaped onto the couch and stole my brother's chicken nugget right off his plate :rolleyes:

Every time I eat I have his eyes STARING at me. I've never made him do anything else, and it's one thing I just don't care about. He often lays his head on my shoulder if I'm eating on the couch and he sits on the top of it. I'd never let him to do it to someone else but for me? I don't mind a begger.

We also play fetch in the house a lot.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We play bitey hands every night before bed. It's a tradition and one of Mia's favorite things.

Well, today I was encouraging Didgie to jump up on me, then flip her over on her back on the bed and blow raspberries on her stomach which results in rage and anger and her jumping up and biting and screaming at me while I laugh and taunt her.
I do that with Beau so often. Here's his rage face from being flipped:

You can tell he's so serious. :p

houlahoops

I play rough with all the dogs, and permit a lot more biting than most people would consider appropriate. As long as they rein it in when I tell them to knock it off, anything goes. I have many times been bloodied by both Liberty and Bailey (Mammoth is the gentlest creature in existence and just waves his arms and smiles).

I also play a game that my dad has nicknamed Elephant Stampede, which involves riling everyone up and then sprinting downstairs and flinging open the door. They have to run through the kitchen and my dad's office to get to the door, and they scream and roar and step on each other and knock over furniture the whole way.

I've teased Tallulah when she was on the bed, running my feet up under the covers and goosing her.

Once. :eek:

Not one of my brighter ideas :doh:

She turned loose immediately when I hollered "THAT'S ME!!!" :rofl1:

It was always fun with the cats :eek:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Naughtiness is a trait looked for in dogs that come and live here, the naughtier the better!! They're allowed to bite me way more than I think most people would allow. Stryder enjoys yelling at me to feed him, or he wants something. We sometimes play with a laser pointer, play dumbball. They're also allowed on the furniture and sleep on the bed every night.

Red.Apricot

I play a game where I throw Elsie onto the bed (like throw her throw her) and then she rolls off, runs up, bites at my feet, and I do it again until she zooms off barking to get a toy.

Kimbers

Schaffer doesn't have many bad habits.
Kailey's a different story...
She noms on everything, including people, the cat, and the occasional pillow. She doesn't jump, but I accidentally taught her to weave between people's legs when she's excited. And she crawls into people's laps if they ignore her for too long. (She's forty pounds, so not exactly a lap dog...)

Romy

Taxiderpy
I've been letting them clean up after the kids when mealtime is over. Even the highchair tray. I mean, it's not so bad, since it gets sterilized between meals anyway right? :eek:

That and playing slappyface with Kaia. She loves it, but she tries to slap me back.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Watson and I play fetch at bedtime. We also have a game called "get the dog" in which is tell him I am going to get him and he then does zoomies in a circle until I grab him.

They are allowed to mouth my hands... Menchi gets very excited about some things and at times I have been known to wind her up a bit :D

elegy

overdogged
Steve and I used to play fetch from my bed every night. We had to stop when he went on crate rest, and I still don't want him slamming and leaping around, so I still have not reinstated that game. And I hear about it EVERY NIGHT when I get into bed. BARK BARK BARK

The other ill-advised game I play is with Luce and Mushroom, and generally referred to as "Imma get yer butt". It usually ends up with my getting bitten. LOL

StillandSilent

I spank Gambit. Before you all freak out, let me tell you, this dog loves it! We have a game where he will run by my, and I haul off and smack him (open hand) on his flank. He squeals with joy and spins around so I can get him again. This can literally go on for 15 or 20 rounds. There is nothing that makes him happier then a good beating. I suspect that if he were human, he would be involved in certain...alternate mating activities.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I spank Gambit. Before you all freak out, let me tell you, this dog loves it! We have a game where he will run by my, and I haul off and smack him (open hand) on his flank. He squeals with joy and spins around so I can get him again. This can literally go on for 15 or 20 rounds. There is nothing that makes him happier then a good beating. I suspect that if he were human, he would be involved in certain...alternate mating activities.
Rory loves that! I don't spank him hard, but i'll slap his flank and he nudges me if I stop! I call it the "bum drums."

:rofl1:

Dogs6

Plus One
Both Aura and Fudge are under the impression that leaping on me and mouthing/ biting me is a reward. It must look like I'm being mauled when I praise them both in public lol.

Scamp loves to bite me in play.

Taz's favourite game is for me to "alpha roll" him. Rub his tummy, let him race off, come back and leap at my face snapping at me. He thinks it's hilarious and it's his most favourite thing in the world to do with me.

Oh and after one of our cats got killed by the neighbours dogs I encourage our dogs to chase the cats. I'm not sure if it helps or not but so far no more of the cats have been harmed and they still have the same relationship in the house, just not outside.

I think it says a lot about my relationship with my dogs that they all like to bite me lol.

We used to play indoor fetch but too many things got broken and we have too many dogs now.

Nope, I dig it. Squash likes it too, but I call it "thumping". One of his brothers likes to be smacked (gently) with a broom.

Red.Apricot

Elsie likes it when I grab fistfuls of her fur around her hips and shake her back and forth hard while screaming at her.

She also likes being smacked on top of the nose.

I also play a game where I lay on my back and smack her as she runs by and she snaps at my hands (gently).

houlahoops

Oh...Bailey also has a huge scruff (like tons of extra skin...I swear you could fit another couple dogs in there), and when we play I usually just grab a big old handful of fur and skin and he gets all excited and woo wooo wooos and zooms around haha.

Miakoda

Oh gosh. I've chased my dogs around the backyard, and then turned to run and let them have the chase part.

I've play "scary garbage bag lady", where I put a black garbage bag over my head and upper body, and then chase my dogs around the house.

I've played "pull the tail". Wrigley was a pro at this. I'd sit down beside him, pull his tail, he'd lift his head up and rumble, so I'd let go. Then, while continuing to eye me, he'd move his tail closer and closer to me until I grabbed it again, where he would then look at me and rumble. We'd repeat a few more times until he would just jump up, all 100 lbs of him, and climb into my lap licking my face.

I'd wrestle with my dogs in the living room floor.

I'd instigate bouts of zoomies, even when they ended up causing knocked over kitchen chairs and even busted cabinet doors.

I'm bad. LOL

At least my CGC dogs never batted an eye at the "weird" lady part. :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Last night I buried tennis balls all in my blankets on my bed and mia had a blast digging through the covers and finding all of them. Problem is I woke up with a tennis ball lodged under my back. I don't think we found them all. :p

Members online

No members online now.